Giant MOV_TEXT Subtitles

Please help! Since the most recent update, any MOV_TEXT subtitle file displays the subtitles filling the entirety of my screen. It does so in the PC application, on my AppleTV, my iPhone and my iPad. SRT and ASS subtitles are fine!

I have read through and tried the fixes on all of the “Giant Subtitle” posts of the past, and nothing has fixed the problem besides setting the size to “Tiny” and that only works on my PC. Override Subtitle Styling does not work. It is not indicators for italicized text triggering it. It is every single file with MOV_TEXT subtitles.

I have tested it against videos I watched before the update where the MOV_TEXT subtitles worked fine, and they now have the same issue. Watching the files directly from my harddrive, not through Plex, displays the subtitles perfectly fine, so I suspect it is some sort of issue with the Plex transcoder.

Plex Media Server Logs_2026-09-30_19-00-00.zip (5.5 MB)