Help with remote control of rasplex

rasplex

Hi guys,

I am having issues with controlling rasplex using the remote control for my Samsung TV(2016 40inch 1080p) everything has been working since I bought the TV about a year ago. I have tried using a raspberry pi 2 and 3 with rasplex installed but still can't get the remote to work. On the TV I can see the ir light flickering and I can use the remote just fine for the smart hub, settings, other channels and devices. I have also reset the TV to factory default, and replaced remote batteries. I re-imaged and used a different SD card for the pi and no change. I am running 1.7.x. The hdmi and usb power cables have been swapped. Just a reminder the remote works fine on everything else, and the remote worked fine yesterday and for the last year. I can use the plex remote in the Android app and it works fine. Any ideas here guys?

Thanks!

Are each cec device detecting each other? Also have in mind that not all hdmi ports of your tv could support cec

The android app remote works by WiFi so that should not be a factor.

@videotecaCNSU makes a good point. There were also some reports of CEC not working with Samsung TVs some months ago.

I can report it is working with my 2015 Samsung smart TV. You may want to try with version 1.8.0 which is going to drop into the pre-release update soon.

Hi guys,
Sorry for the delay, it must have been a glitch with the TV, I tried a chromecast and it wasn't being detected properly either. i unplugged the TV for a min and plugged it back in and everything worked.

Also @benjaminwolf and @videotecaCNSU Thank you for the suggestions! Its greatly Appreciated!

I also have the problem switching to a Pi 3 and also upgraded to rasplex 1.7 then the usb remote do not work, and what I can see in the logs e.t.c the lircd process only listens to /dev/lirc1 which is the lirc_rpi and not the /dev/lirc0 that is the usb one

@Wesse77 said:
I also have the problem switching to a Pi 3 and also upgraded to rasplex 1.7 then the usb remote do not work, and what I can see in the logs e.t.c the lircd process only listens to /dev/lirc1 which is the lirc_rpi and not the /dev/lirc0 that is the usb one

did you try the experimental package of 1.8 as benjaminwolf suggested?