I am unable to find the variable that is causing a difference here?

plexconnect

Both devices are Apple TV 3s, both are accessing the same Plex Media Server and the same PlexConnect. The two TVs are different, but both are set to display at 1080p / 60hz.

Here is the first TV, at the All Films section displayed in Grid. Each movie poster is fully displayed

Here is the second TV, at the All Films section displayed in Grid. You can see the movie poster is cut off on each side.

(For this example the movie is called 10 Cloverfield Lane on TV #1 and 10 Loverfield Lane on TV #2)

Here is the first TV, at the All Shows section displayed in Grid. Each TV show poster is fully displayed

Here is the second TV, at the All Shows section displayed in Grid. You can see the TV Show poster is cut off on each side.

(For this example the TV Show is called The Daily Show with Trevor Noah and as well The Good Wife on TV #1; however Aily Show with Trevor Noah and as well He Good Wife on TV #2)

The two Apple TVs all seem to have the exact same settings and the same versions. The PlexConnect settings on each Apple TV all seem to have the exact same settings.

This is not the end of the world, obviously this app working is a godsend. But, it is like a scratch on the roof of my mouth I can’t stop tonguing at. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Please?!

Thank you’s always going out to the devs of PlexConnect @roidy and @baa; and props to the man @falco953 for the amazing flavor of PlexConnect I use.

Check tv aspect ratio. on tv #2. For example 16:9, full, stretch etc...

Hey wahlman.j, thanks for the reply. As far as the actual television’s own settings are concerned, there was/is only one setting called “Wide” which I agree is odd that there is only one setting… however I went into the Apple TV for different resolution settings and things really got interesting:

I found this setting for 1024p:

which fixed the All Shows window:

However, messed up the OSD during media playback:

So when I returned it back to 1080p:

The All Shows window is wrong again:

and the OSD is back to normal:

I can’t seem to win on this one… :frowning: