[Implemented] Plex App for PS4

+1 PS4 owner here that would love a native Plex App.

I'd love plex on ps4! How do I vote?

Click "Like this" on the actual feature request. Aka: The first post in this thread.

+1

Use my PS4 way more than my XBox One...

11.4m/4.8m (Global/USA) Playstation 4 vs.

5.8m/3.8m (Global/USA) Xbone One.

I find it sad, that the plex team isn't a tiny bit more transparent about their "strategy" behind this step. From a pure 'installed base' view and the goal, to make plex available to as many users as possible, XBO was not the logical direction to go.

I feel, If they received some kind of "insentive" from MS to develop plex for their platform, they should just tell the community. At least then we wouldn't get our hopes up for a PS version coming soon. Or ever.

11.4m/4.8m (Global/USA) Playstation 4 vs.

5.8m/3.8m (Global/USA) Xbone One.

I find it sad, that the plex team isn't a tiny bit more transparent about their "strategy" behind this step. From a pure 'installed base' view and the goal, to make plex available to as many users as possible, XBO was not the logical direction to go.

I feel, If they received some kind of "insentive" from MS to develop plex for their platform, they should just tell the community. At least then we wouldn't get our hopes up for a PS version coming soon. Or ever.

I am curious. Do you demand this from every company you "use"? Or is this because you are more emotionally connected to Plex compared to other companies you like? I have always wondered that when I see comments like that. Not saying that you are "wrong", I just find it a bit curious.

+1 for PS4 App.

+1 Vote from me - the original post ofcourse :)

+1 here. Would love this app on the ps4 

+1 vote for PS4 native app

I am curious. Do you demand this from every company you "use"? Or is this because you are more emotionally connected to Plex compared to other companies you like? I have always wondered that when I see comments like that. Not saying that you are "wrong", I just find it a bit curious.

Well, thats a fair question. Plex always had a big community approach with a lot of things they did and still do. It felt like a grass root thing, at least to me. I guess this "emotional connection" of it's users is something plex benefited from for many years and is a reason why I'm turning into a cry baby when I notice, that in the meantime "other factors" come into play which are more important than the community interest.

I would love to see Plex PS4, I’m surprised it was made earlier.

+1

+1 indeed 

+1 for PS4 App.

+1 indeed 

Please remember to 'like' the first post in this thread to make sure your vote counts!

Thanks :)

+1 PS4 isn't much of a streaming option as of now. Adding Plex would change that. HUGE fan of this proposition.

+1 for PS4 native app!

+1 For PS4, PS3, and VITA!  PLEX ON ALL THE THINGS!

+1

I must say that i agree with sl1m to some point. I think plex should have chosen ps4 over xbox 1st, but also on other platforms like apple tv (even though they dont “support” 3rd party) where netflix, hbo and many others have appeared. But again plex is a company sometimes its not as simple as it might seems. Xbox is probably paying plex something as it will defenently promote xbox over ps4, but also the fact that xbox is american and ps4 is a non american company has a say i suppose.

That being said i think plex should be more “open” with the community. Give out like a 6 month pr 1 year ahead plan which says what we should expect to see, but to not take it as a guarantee. If we knew that xbox one would come out now and that ps4 is just around the corner people would be less worried about this ps4 thing we now see.

I hope plex eventually changes when it comes to them being more open with the comunity

+1 for Plex on PS4

I am a lifetime plex pass owner and would love to see it come to the PS4

+1 for Plex on PS4
 
I am a lifetime plex pass owner and would love to see it come to the PS4


Please remember to 'like' the first post in this thread to make sure your vote counts!

Thanks :)