Is it possible to share a link to one file?

watch-later

It'd be nice to be able to share a link to one song, or one video, or even a playlist / series, by generating a link on-demand. The restrictions on this link could either be public, or limited to existing users of the share.

This would be really cool, and Dropbox has similar functionality for files, where you can share an entire folder, or just individual files within it.

I agree, I'd love to be listening to a song and be able to share just that song/playlist with someone. It would be especially sweet if I could make it expire in whatever amount of time I wanted.

That was the main reason i purchased a subscription, to share individual videos like youtube but Plex doesn't offer that flexibility, it enforces you to share your entire library and your friends must have to create a free Plex account, it really sucks !!!
I just cancelled my Plex subscription, i am very disappointed of the sharing limitations that Plex offers.

You can share individual YouTube videos by adding it to your PlexIt/Watch Later and then using Recommendations. Plex It/Watch Later/Recommendations do not require Plex Pass.

You cannot however share one item from your local libraries. With item from your local directory you share a specific library. See Create a New Share and Restricting the Shares.

Still waiting for this feature. It would only serve as free advertising for Plex so I do that know why they wouldn't do this already. Shared links could be made available only through a guest interface on Plex.tv for users without a Plex account. Then when the track is playing they could have the usual, "Create an Account"/"$ubscribe Now" options to increase their conversion rates.

Is there a feature request for this? My friends and I share Spotify links all day long, and it'd be really nice to add some otherwise unavailable Plex content to the conversation.

Just wanted to add that I've also been missing this feature, and as wwwizzarrdry pointed out, it would also serve as good advertisement for Plex.

+1 - would be a cool feature to be able share song quickly.

+1 I wouldn't mind a time-bomb or something on the share either, just something that would allow me to share my local videos

+1

Started backing up my xbox/windows game clips to a library on my plex server since MS purges old clips. It would be great to be able to share individual clips with friends.

+1

AGREE THEY COULD EXPIRE AFTER SOME TIME PERIOD; AND IT WOULD EVEN BE OK IF THE LINK ONLY WORKED FOR PEOPLE THAT I HAVE SHARED WITH