Issue: Android Auto Safety Pause Prevents Cursor from Selecting from Main Plexamp Window

When spending too much time scrolling/navigating the Android Auto menu, the UI pauses to encourage you to keep your eyes on the road. Works “well” when you’re the driver, but can be annoying as the passenger navigating the UI.

In any case, when the UI resumes from the Safety Pause, the Plexamp cursor is unable to navigate to the main window of the UI (the lists). Instead, the control knob can only move between the top icons (Home, Library, etc.) and the rightmost Now Playing icon. You’re left unable to select any radios, albums, songs, etc. Jumping out of and back into the app does not restore the ability. Jumping between multiple apps and then back into Plexamp will eventually restore the ability to navigate the list.

This is probably not an issue for anyone with a touchscreen unit. Unfortunately, I don’t have a touchscreen and need to rely on the control knob to navigate.

Using the latest version of Plexamp. Happy to provide any logs or additional information as needed.

I’m sorry, but that sort of thing is entirely out of our control. Either a car or Android Auto bug.

Ah, OK. I wasn’t sure as it occurs within the app window and only seems to happen in the Plexamp app (although that’s really the only music app I use or need!). Turning the knob left and right only seems to scroll through the Plexamp navigation icons, completely skipping the list section.