Issues on Tivo4k streamer

First, like many, I have to say, I despise the new interface and want nothing more than to go back to the old. Fortunately, my Samsung TV (Tizen) has yet to update, and even though it’s always been buggy, it works for what I use it for, which is more than I can say of the version on my Android TV. The new interface is just NOT intuitive, for anyone. I’ve had to stop using my AndroidTV device in my media room and start using the XBox just so I have a usable interface.

The new PLEX version on my Tivo4k Streamer that runs an AndroidTV version does not respond to input from the remote properly. I can’t pause, fast forward or rewind at all. If I want to pause, I have to simply back out of the show then resume when I want to start watching again. Also, navigation just sucks, with nothing being highlighted till I move the cursor around a little. Some movies and shows just don’t play, presenting an error that I then can’t navigate out of once it pops up.

Not a bug, but a complaint… I can no longer type the passcode to the account but rather have to move the cursor around and select the code numbers, which makes having a passcode pointless when my kids can see what code I’m entering. With the old app I could simply type the code on the number pad of my remote. If I want to watch a movie with my kids that I purposely didn’t load into the kids profile (PG13 and up), I have to expose my passcode to my kids or tell them to cover their eyes or leave the room while I enter the code.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.