Keep losing Remote Access after password change

Server Version#:1.43.4.10903
Player Version#:4.160.0

Have been running Plex Media Server for over 10 years with the same network configuration.

Received an email about a login to my account that I did not recognize. So I changed my password for the first time, logged-out of all devices, and reclaimed the server.

For a day and a half it connects Remote Access briefly, or even several minutes to HOURS, then drops it as Not available outside your local network.

Have tried rebooting, using the “Setup Plex.html” file in the PMS directory, logged out and in, disabling Remote Access, waiting, then enabling again many times.

This is a plex.tv problem. My dedicated Linux server, router, etc. have NOT changed.

Please fix whatever is causing these disconnects.

What does this say for the port you forwarded on your router? https://canyouseeme.org/

If it shows success, can you hit your server directly viahttp://<public-ip>:<externalport>/web ?

Thank you for the reply.

It was disconnected again this morning after working during the evening last night.

After Disable Remote Access, waiting 2-3 mins, then enabling again it went green for about 2 mins. then dropped. Used the custom port Retry and it’s connected now.

Using CanYouSeeMe:

“Success: I can see your service”.
And yes I can hit it with that URL, and it works on my cell phone.

I’m a retired software/hardware engineer, 50 yrs. worth. The server is a dedicated Linux Mint box. Firewall, NAT, etc. is handled by another dedicated Linux box as the gateway. My router is in bridge mode. Plex has worked reliably until this password change.

The log shows lots of Invalid field warnings and other stuff. But I don’t know what I’m looking for. Two warnings are concerning:

(60, SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK) (SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate)

and

PubSub: Received notifyConnectivity event with incorrect async identifier (, expected bcccf5d7-f2ed-4347-8822-d4be579e5d08)

It’s been up for about an hour now, like last night. Do not understand why it keeps dropping out.

That is a recent entry? Stop plex, go to the Cache directory, move out the *.p12 file and start plex back up. It will download a new certificate. If that was an older entry, it may have already refreshed the cert.

It’s been up all day. The .p12 file is dated the day I changed the password.

However, did as you said and it went from certificate.p12 to cert-v2.p12 and jumped right up connected.

Perhaps that was the problem.

Will monitor it and see if it holds.

Thank you!