Kodi Users: PleXBMC, PlexKodiConnect, or Plex App

other-third-party

Which do you prefer?

I'm curious where everyone sits here... it seems they are all slightly flawed. Which do you prefer and why?

not plex pass needed

@kodiz said:
not plex pass needed

PlexKodiConnect does NOT require a Plex Pass. You're confusing PlexKodiConnect with Plex for Kodi - understandably :wink:

PlexKodiConnect does NOT require a Plex Pass. You're confusing PlexKodiConnect with Plex for Kodi - understandably :wink:

Yes, thankyou for the info, using PlexKodiConnect now, still learning it, it seems to mix all my separate collections (example: children movies, recitals, new movies) in one category once in kodi. Cant sub select if choose movies, its All movies... like I said, still learning, maybe did not yet set it up correctly.

Thanks.

@kodiz said:

Yes, thankyou for the info, using PlexKodiConnect now, still learning it, it seems to mix all my separate collections (example: children movies, recitals, new movies) in one category once in kodi. Cant sub select if choose movies, its All movies... like I said, still learning, maybe did not yet set it up correctly.

Thanks.

Yes you need to quickly change your setup following https://github.com/croneter/PlexKodiConnect/wiki/Video-Nodes-and-Skins

I voted PlexKodiConnect. > @kodiz said:

Thanks.

Ah this answered a question I asked in another thread.
I have different subcategories too and I set up all the sections as linked to by @croneter and it works fine doing that. Having spent time fine tuning it all I'm planning on stripping back to a simple TV show & Movie section for this client only.
The genre filters in Kodi are really easily accessible compared with the click-fest in all the official Plex clients.
Either way its an awesome client and my search is finally over. :)