My Plex has stopped refreshing library in my movie folder on my PC but still refreshes my tv folder ? !! My server is up to date. I have deleted my Samsung tv player for Plex and reinstalled it several times with no change. On my PC I can check my movie folder to see all my movies and can play them on my PC no problem and on my tv I can play every movie that shows in my library. I also notice on my tv showing the library that not all movies are showing up ? I am a very basic user and really need help. I , out of options installed and tried another media server and it shows my complete library on my tv.
Just to clarify… your media is showing up ok when you’re using the web app.
But when you’re using the Plex app on your Samsung, not all movies are listed (but the tv shows are there, same as in the web app)?
Can you check what version of the Plex app is showing on your Samsung TV?
Also… what version of PMS do you have installed on your PC?
ok. Samsung tv- 2.012 PMS - 1.43.3.10896-cb3ebc72d
PC PMS - 1.43.3.10896
Has worked perfectly for many years and now ??
Oh… that’s a truly ancient player that was developed by a user (not Plex). They stopped development a long time ago.
At some point, it just lost compatibility with the current Plex Media Server versions / their environment.
Your best shot is to get some supported streaming box / stick (assuming you’re not going to buy a new tv set).
OK. Can a person go backwards with the Server, to get and use an older version ? Because this is a very recent issue. Defiantly not going to buy a different tv lol .
You can try – but you should consider the recent security announcement.
Before you push your luck on that, keep in mind, users have been reporting issues with this app for ages – not because it was bad but because it’s way behind.
You’ll have more joy getting a somewhat decent, cheap streaming stick for your TV. This kind of a dated platform will otherwise give you all kinds of trouble (not even looking at the security of that).
OK. Thanks for your quick reply and the sadly good info on what is happening to me. I will go the streaming stick route to make things work again so again BIG thanks !