Server Version#: 1.41.8.9834
Player Version#: Shield TV latest (10.28.0.3441), Android mobile latest (2025.20.0), Web
I suddenly cannot access my Plex libraries from devices on my local network or remotely. Pulling my hair out and would love some help.
Everything worked perfect up until at least three days ago, when I last watched a movie from my server using my Shield TV. I could connect from any device on my local network, and connect remotely no problem using port forwarding successfully to reach my server from outside my network. Zero changes I’m aware of since then, and suddenly this problem started happening.
Plex Server reports Remote Access is not working (“Not available outside your network”). When I click the Retry button next to the manually specified port, it succeeds and stays that way momentarily. Moments later, it switches back to Red with the same “Not available” message.
Yes the correct external port is forwarding to the correct internal port. Yes the public IP is correct. Yes the server IP is correct (static). Yes both portchecker and canyouseeme report the port is open.
Clients (Plex app on Shield TV, Android phone, app.plex.tv) connect but report libraries are offline. Server reports everything is fine, except for the Remote Access issue. No firewall changes, everything looks correct, no network, server, or app changes. Server is claimed by the correct account. Tried basic troubleshooting: restarting server software and machine, logging out/in of server and apps, clearing app data, recreating port forwarding rule, double-checking firewall, no dice.
Server is running on Windows 11 Pro, no server side VPN, etc. Again it has worked flawlessly for months/years up until today, haven’t touched a thing. Server version 1.41.8.9834. Server reports no updates available.
Any ideas?