Massive continer size

Server Version#: 1.25.4.5468

I was investigating missing drive space and came across the plex docker container:

root@Synology:/volume1/@docker/btrfs/subvolumes# du -hs * | sort -rh | head -5
5.2T e6a34762ad1d0b73544755db0e535aa2e97e00d1533073233e36b0a6d1a3ec4f
…

In addition to my persistent volume /volume1/Docker/Plex sitting at 95GB

Yikes!

Any idea how to clean this up? I’m thinking backup the DB, wipe container, and build again.

Are there better tools or tricks out there? I’m still learning docker.

Well I duplicated the docker container but added a volume for a temp folder. It looked like some BTRFS versioning was saving every temp file all the time. Figured that is unnecessary and moving it to a more accessible location would save me time if I had to remove it again.

Fired up the new container and working fine. Erased the old container (took quite some time) and got my space back.

If this isn’t a fluke, it may be a good idea to add a little line to the docker repo info.

:slight_smile: