I am running 2 plex media server instances(fully updated), one on a windows 11 tower PC and one on Shield pro tv box, both with static ip’s and opened ports.
When i run the client from either of these 2 devices or from my mobile phone app it randomly displays that one of the 2 two cannot connect hence the files on it are not accesible. If I re-boot the server device (full pc or tv box restart) which cannot connect it seems to reconnect most times but then I lose the connectivity to other one. I can still see both devices in my client app pinned list but i cannot always access both server files
I assume the IP’s of each server are different, of course. Um, ok… When you use the phone mobile app, are you still using wifi within the house? If you are using cellular, it could be a port forwarding issue if you are accessing the servers externally.
Are the two computers on the same subnet? Is there a router between them that might be separating the networks?
Are your two servers using the same Plex name? (The “Friendly name”. Settings > [Servername] > Settings > General)
Hello yes the IP is different , manually set to static. I am facing the issue on the same wifi network(home network) nonetheless I have also opened the dedicated ports udp/tcp on the router for external access(happens also from outside) and they work (unless i am facing this very issue). The 2 devices are on the same subnet yes, it somewhat seems that on the Shield Pro tv box device the server stops running randomly. I have 2 different friendly server names to be able to distinguish them and if workong i see them in the pinned dropdown list on the left of the client interface, but at times they either disappear or when trying to access the library just start"loading" and fail mentioning connectivity issues. The router/network is stable