Plex Media Server + PlexConnect on RaspberryPi: Match made in heaven (so far)

plexconnect

I'm not that much of a forum poster but i have to get this out:

thank you for making plexconnect!
I have set up PMS on my raspberry but still was searching for a good way to access my media (did not want to use Raspbian) through apple-tv and now PlexConnect has finally saved me from throwing everything out of the window.

With the proper setup (i am still fiddling a bit) it seems to be the most easy way to access my movies and tv shows with very little clicks and pretty solid performace!

i still have a few things to figure out, but so far i really love it.

if anybody has any questions regarding the setup, let me know

@fanta said:
I'm not that much of a forum poster but i have to get this out:

thank you for making plexconnect!
I have set up PMS on my raspberry but still was searching for a good way to access my media (did not want to use Raspbian) through apple-tv and now PlexConnect has finally saved me from throwing everything out of the window.

With the proper setup (i am still fiddling a bit) it seems to be the most easy way to access my movies and tv shows with very little clicks and pretty solid performace!

i still have a few things to figure out, but so far i really love it.

if anybody has any questions regarding the setup, let me know

Could you give a rundown on the steps you did to setup PlexConnect on the same OS (which would that be btw) as PMS is running on.

In my mind:
1.Raspberry Pi (raspbian os) runs PMS and plexconnect
2. Apple TV (mine gen 3) install certificate and change DNS
Question:
1. Which is latest Apple TV firmware can run?
2. Complete guide to install plexconnect on raspbian

Please note that RasPI has limited power for transcoding, therefore you are limited to using codec H264 for video, AAC or AC3 for audio (using AC3 implies that you need a Dolby Digital capable TV or amplifier, the ATV3 will not convert AC3 to AAC), and in case you need subtitles they must be .srt external (probably other sidecar subtitles will also work but I've never tested).

Regarding your questiosn:
1. PlexConnect runs on 7.2.2, which is the latest firmware for ATV3
2. Install guide for Linux