PleXBMC client for XBMC

Hey hippojay, 

I have a weird issue, I can play things when browsing all or browsing on deck under the tvshows, but trying to play something from tvshows/unwatched just fails, with this log:

10:13:27 T:4611670016  NOTICE: ===== PLEXBMC START =====
10:13:27 T:4611670016  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> running Python: (2, 6, 5, 'final', 0)
10:13:27 T:4611670016  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> running PleXBMC: 3.2.2
10:13:27 T:4611670016  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Running with cElementTree on Python 2.5+
10:13:27 T:4611670016  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Platform: OSX
10:13:27 T:4611670016  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Debug is turned off.  Running silent
10:13:27 T:4611670016  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Detected parameters: {'url': 'http%3A//10.0.0.100%3A32400/library/metadata/12980%3Funwatched%3D1%3Ft%3D2230080579', 'mode': '5'}
10:13:27 T:4611670016  NOTICE: HTTP response error: 400 Bad Request
10:13:27 T:4611670016  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Server [10.0.0.100:32400] offline, not responding or no data was receieved
10:13:27 T:4611670016  NOTICE: ===== PLEXBMC STOP =====
10:13:27 T:140735234056576   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.plexbmc/?url=http%3A//10.0.0.100%3A32400/library/metadata/12980%3Funwatched%3D1%3Ft%3D2230080579&mode=5]

I'd say the issue here is that the url is badly formatted: http://10.0.0.100:32400/library/metadata/12980?unwatched=1?t=2230080579

There are two ? chars. Is the unwatched=1 required in that case?

My wife being fed up with this was incentive enough for me to fix it myself. I've sent a pull request.

Now I'm trying to figure out why the "on deck" view for movies is alphabetically sorted when it shouldn't. 

Edit:

I've also pushed a fix for this in my repo. Please pull at your earliest convenience ;)

Love PleXBMC, but I have just one small issue with it. I am running XBMC on openelec, but I have also tested this with the windows client as well with both aeon nox and cirrus. I am also running PMS on ubuntu server. On both clients the only issue I seem to have is PleXBMC not remembering the views within TV seasons. For example, if I have a more than one series and I change the view for that series then under xbmc it remembers that view style for all series, but PleXBMC doesn't and I have to change it for every series. The same goes for each season within a series. Every season has to be changed and in some cases it the view gets set back, which is a little frustrating.

Has anyone else found this and is there a way round it?

Hey all, loving having just discovered plexbmc to be able to seamlessly connect my xbmc and plex setups around the house and on the move but would also really like to know if there is a solution for the above question. I like to use the tri-panel view in aeon nox but dont want to have to go through every one of my many many series changing them one by one. Also i dont seem to be geting a poster for the series views only for the overall show meaning there is no artwork for the poster in tri-panel view. Is this a known issue?

Also, would like to have a look at you modified aeon nox skin but am getting dependencies not met error. Im using the widget version of plexbmc, what else do i need?

My wife being fed up with this was incentive enough for me to fix it myself. I've sent a pull request.

Now I'm trying to figure out why the "on deck" view for movies is alphabetically sorted when it shouldn't. 

Edit:

I've also pushed a fix for this in my repo. Please pull at your earliest convenience ;)

Link to your repo please  :)

Link to your repo please  :)

Right, sorry.

https://github.com/zeflash/plugin.video.plexbmc.git

Be warned that I probably won't keep it updated once my fixes are pulled back to hippojay's.

Thanks - i'll check it out as soon as I can.  Unfortunately this last week has been very very busy for me and i'm off on holiday for 2 weeks tomorrow, so it's going to be a few weeks till I can get an update out.

As for the sorting (when it shouldn't) check if you haven;t accidently turned on something in the filter manus in XBMC.  I came across something similar when implementing sort titles ( i thuogh sort titles weren't working, but in face XBMC was set to do some sorting on the menus).

Enjoy your holiday Hippojay...we'll all be here when you get back  :)

I posted on the XBMC forum too, but this thread looks more lively.

Is there a file stacking problem with PleXBMC?

All of my movies that are in the cd1-cd2-cd3-etc format always ask me to "select media to play".

What am I doing wrong?

I have a goofy one, and it seems to be hit and miss. When I play an album from my iTunes library, it some times will not play the next song, it just goes back to a list of the songs on the album. When I hit next song button it says "playlist: can't find next item to play", I have looked through the settings and I am not sure why this is happening. The iOS devices don't have this issue playing albums from my iTunes library. Anyone have a suggestion to fix this. Thank you.

Update, this is the log file when it stops:

20:36:10 T:3508   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 34, sym: 002e, unicode: 002e, modifier: 0
20:36:10 T:3508   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: period (f02e) pressed, action is SkipNext
20:36:10 T:3508   DEBUG: CSoftAEStream::~CSoftAEStream - Destructed
20:36:10 T:15036   DEBUG: Thread CFileCache 15036 terminating
20:36:10 T:13968   DEBUG: Thread PAPlayer 13968 terminating
20:36:10 T:3508   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
20:36:10 T:3508   DEBUG: FreeVisualisation() started
20:36:10 T:3508    INFO: ADDON: Dll Stopped - DirectX Spectrum
20:36:10 T:3508    INFO: ADDON: Dll Destroyed - DirectX Spectrum
20:36:10 T:3508   DEBUG: FreeVisualisation() done
20:36:10 T:5360   DEBUG: CSoftAE::Run - Sink restart flagged
20:36:10 T:5360    INFO: CSoftAE::LoadSettings - Stereo upmix is enabled
20:36:10 T:5360   DEBUG: CAESinkDirectSound::IsCompatible: Formats compatible - reusing existing sink
20:36:10 T:5360    INFO: CSoftAE::InternalOpenSink - keeping old sink with : AE_FMT_FLOAT, FL,FR, 44100hz
20:36:10 T:5360   DEBUG: CSoftAE::InternalOpenSink - Using speaker layout: 2.0
20:36:10 T:5360   DEBUG: CSoftAE::InternalOpenSink - Internal Buffer Size: 3528
20:36:11 T:15960  NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
20:36:11 T:15960   DEBUG: CSaveFileStateJob::DoWork - Saving file state for audio item http://192.168.1.50:32400/music/iTunes/Artists/Heaven's%20Basement/167435/167415.mp3
20:36:13 T:3508   DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProcWindow is active
20:36:13 T:3508   DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProc: Focus switched to process C:\Windows\System32 otepad.exe
20:36:13 T:3508   DEBUG: CJoystick::Initialize : No Joystick found
20:36:13 T:3508   DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProcWindow is active

Have nice holidays hippojay !! As Scot sayd... we will stay there, waiting for you  :)

EDIT : I have found "reFocusBig" skin in the skin section of the plex repo, didn't notice this before... unfortunatly I was unable to download the skin to my raspberry, duno why.

So I have downloaded the versionfrom hippojay git https://github.com/hippojay/skin-refocusbig but after installation, it appears to not support plexbmc as main menu like on quartzv3 or Amber skin.

Didd u guys already succeed with this skin fork for our beloved plexbmc ?

Thanks 

Is anyone else having issues with getting subtitles to work from a remote location using myplex? I cannot choose the language that should be played either. From my homenetwork everythig works fine (actually a few files dont play at all… different topic) but as soon as i leave my home network, the context menu shows me the subtitles (and the one that is selected has an asterix behind it) but the video doesnt show them.


I am on PleXBMC 3.2.2 and have the newest PleXBMC Helper installed (which seems to be not working eithel)


Already reinstalled everything from scratch… no success… Is this a know issue?

Thanks for having a look at this. I'm not sure if it's the same / related problem or not, but SRT subtitles are not showing up at all on my end.
 
- Using Raspbmc with PleXBMC
- Using myPlex credentials
- My own server, but watching remotely, not local.
- Force transcode set to On


I am having the exact same issue.. Did anyone solve it?

Sadly, I'm still having that same issue, noreason.

Hey all. I'm a total newbie to Plex, ATV2 and XBMC. I've installed PleXBMC but I think I'm missing something. I've followed the instructions for configuration and I can see my lists "Movies", "Music", "Channels" etc.. but when I click on anything (Movies, for instance) I get "Unable to connect to host". I'm sorry if this is a stupid question and there's probably a really easy solution but I'm stuck. Somebody please help? :(

Su.

Hello.

First off I'd like to thank you for this cool plugin. I recently purchased a Apple TV 1 and so far it's worked great. There's an issue regarding movies with DTS tracks though.

In order for the Apple TV not to stutter, I have to check "always reencode", since I do not have the Crystal HD card (yet).

However, when I check it, Plex also transcodes DTS tracks to stereo LPCM, which I would like to avoid when there's a DTS stream available.

Is it possible to do a separate video encoding and audio encoding section, and separating the "always reencode" option into two options: one for video, one for audio?

Or fix so that if you choose DTS as output, then DTS streams wouldn't be reencoded?

It'd also be great if you could add an option to make Plex transcode any sound that isn't a supported format into a supported format (in my case, my receiver only supports Dolby Digital and LPCM for 2-channel sound, LPCM seem to be the format Plex chooses when "always reencode" is enabled and it works fine).

Not sure if this is possible, but I guess it is as the sound always works with "always reencode" enabled.

If you'd like logs with different combinations of options I would be happy to provide them.

I have a few more questions along with my CD1-CD2 file stacking question a few posts back.

How often does PleXBMC check with the server and refresh the library?  I was testing deleting media from my phone and then checking my Openelec machine and I would just get a script plugin failure if I tried to play the media I deleted. So I'm wondering if it checks back with the Plex server and cleans the library... and how often it does that.

Is there a reason why "recently added" media doesn't show up when using a non-owner myPlex account? Not really a big deal to me, but just wondering if there is a simple fix to enable that.

I had the wrong version installed

Guys - I’m back and will have a look at these (and 0.9.8 stuff) this weekend.

Welcome back Hippojay...hope you had a good break....0.9.8 stuff looks exciting...hope it wont be a huge issue to implement...

Hey good to hear you are back.

I have 'require authentication on local network' enabled. Even though i am logged into myplex i am unable to see my local PMS, however remote PMS's show up just fine.

Hi

I'm trying to get a direct link to the add-on included in the new Bello skin. I added the following to the top of the home.xml file;

  RunScript(plugin.video.plexbmc,skin)
 

and the following further down that document;

  
$INFO[Window.Property(plexbmc.0.title)]
$INFO[Window.Property(plexbmc.0.subtitle)]
$INFO[Window.Property(plexbmc.0.path)]
!IsEmpty(Window.Property(plexbmc.0.title))
  
 
I tried changing plexbmc.0 to plexbmc.N, where N = variants from 1 - 20, but nothing shows up in any case.
 
Changing the node as follows;
 
 !Skin.HasSetting(HideHomeMenuProgramsButton)
 
causes the menu item to show but with an empty name.
 
I have one category (TV Shows) added to my Plex server.
 
I really want to get a link on my skin main menu to launch the PleXBMC add-on. I can share from Plex via DLNA but setting that up as a favorite in Bello causes PMS to disappear (crash?) and require a restart.
 
Any thoughts on what I'm doing wring, above?