Guys - I'm back and will have a look at these (and 0.9.8 stuff) this weekend.
Hey hippojay! If you have the time, please have a look for the subtitle issue (i.e.,SRT subtitles don't show up at all when using myPlex login at a remote location).
Guys - I'm back and will have a look at these (and 0.9.8 stuff) this weekend.
Hey hippojay! If you have the time, please have a look for the subtitle issue (i.e.,SRT subtitles don't show up at all when using myPlex login at a remote location).
For some reason now any video that is 720 or larger plays at super speed like it is in fast forward... I can play 480p avi files just fine but my 720/1080p mkv files play at fast speed only. I tried a lot of movies/shows and same results that play just fine in Plex but in xbmc with plexbmc now they don't work....
Hey HJ,
take a look at home videos when you grab a moment. They show up fine but play does not start. I'll provide some logs if needed.
EDIT:
Scratch that, everything is fine. I had SMB play in settings enabled and home videos are on different shared folder on another HDD.
Hey hippojay! If you have the time, please have a look for the subtitle issue (i.e.,SRT subtitles don't show up at all when using myPlex login at a remote location).
I second this. SRT subtitles don't show up at remote location. Built in subtitles in mkv files work fine though.
Also, subtitles don't work at alll when I have 'always transcode' option on.
I've in the last 2 days updated to the latest server "Plex-Media-Server-0.9.800.36-8895eb2-en-US" and I'm seeing a lot of "Unable to connect to host" errors on my usually-rock-solid plexbmc installation (openelec). Anyone else seeing similar? It mostly seems to happen when I'm in the filters list (All Shows, Unwatched, By Collection etc). Once I actually get into a filter everything works fine.
0.9.7.28 - no problems for me.
Sorry I meant the plexpass version, 0.9.8.0 - despite a few reboots of the server and the client I'm still having consistent connection errors.
I've just now rolled back to 0.9.7.28 and everything is hunky dorey again - phew! I'll hold off on updating to any new versions of the server until I've confirmed here that it works fine for everyone!
Hippojay, not sure you’re the one to answer concerning Quartz. Installed Plexbmc on Raspberry. Not all sections show up, it also
bypasses photo select.
Actually, I also installed Retroplex which is my fav but then you only have access through the addon.
Just looking for the most seamless Plex experience.
Just looking for the most seamless Plex experience.
In that case Quartz and Amber are probably your best bet.
Pecinko, you write Quartz? How do I show all my movie sections. I have say 12 sections but only 8-9 will show up. Same with TV sections. And pictures. Won’t stop on pictures.
Pecinko, you write Quartz? How do I show all my movie sections. I have say 12 sections but only 8-9 will show up. Same with TV sections. And pictures. Won't stop on pictures.
Hippojay, I have Amber installed now. This is a cool skin. Between music, movies, tv shows and home media I have 26 sections. Looks like only 10 or 11 show up. Only with plecenko's skins do I see a limitation. Last few days I've been using Retroplex and no such limitations. All sections appear.
Hi,
With plexbmc several of my films cannot be played. (near 20 percent) I use with myplex account and transcoding.
Xbmc version is 12.2.
Attached a log.
What PMS version? Do you need transcoding since you’re playing over LAN?
PMS: 0.9.7.22
Over the LAN just for testing purposes. i usually watch not from home. (and the bandwith is limited)
Can I get some major help please. I have plex on my laptop at work and xbmc on my desktop at home. I would love to have Plexbmc install and working oh my xbmc. My desktop is a dual core2 with 8 gb of ram, windows 7. I got xbmc 12.2 installed. Can some please give me step by step instructions on how I can get the Plexbmc client for XBMC to work in xbmc please!?!?!?!??!?!!?
See first posts in this thread for all instructions.
Hi Hippojay,
Just getting started with Plex and Xbmc, been a plex only user for a while, but trying xbmc on a client machine.
I come across this error when trying to play a music track from the plex app for Ipad, I get the plexbmc.video.plugin error at the top of the screen. If I play from within XBMC navigating via the remote, files play fine.
Excerpt from debug log is attached. Full debug log available if you need more at:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=31863
On a similar note sometimes I get a message at the top "Unable to contact server:IPAD", but it doesn't seem to effect anything, just a little distracting.
If you need more info, let me know, I will endeavour to get it to you ASAP.
Love the work
Pete
I have the latest version of Plexbmc installed on my Raspbmc. Not sure what happened but a lot of my videos are missing from the my lists. They still show up on my Plex Server.
One directory I have shared as "Learning Videos" has 12 items but only shows 6 of them.
The same with my "Music Videos" section that has 18 videos. Only 8 show up on my Raspberry Pi.
I think I also changed a setting as the listing view for "Learning Videos" looks different than my regular Movies section. I've pressed every button on my MCE remote to try and change it back.
Both sections are setup as Movie type. I've done a reboot of the Plex server and of the Raspberry Pi.


Another question. Why is this listed under Other? With 77 pages of commentary and 300,000+ views I think it would be way easier for PleXBMC for XBMC to have it's own subforum.