Devs probably didn’t expect that many visits to this thread. Elan once said they would be interested in Plex client running on XBMC and this one is doing a great job.
Hey all. I'm a total newbie to Plex, ATV2 and XBMC. I've installed PleXBMC but I think I'm missing something. I've followed the instructions for configuration and I can see my lists "Movies", "Music", "Channels" etc.. but when I click on anything (Movies, for instance) I get "Unable to connect to host". I'm sorry if this is a stupid question and there's probably a really easy solution but I'm stuck. Somebody please help? :(
Su.
Hello all,
Installed PlexBMC both on my windowsXBMC and RaspBMC.
The windows XBMC plex worked immediatly, but for my raspbmc i have same issua as above, i see the movie's etc. but when i choose it, i get unable to connect to host" as well.
If anyone has an idea?
Thanks
Tried setting up PMS ip adress manually? I had problems with auto discovery as well with newer PMSs but entering ip adress in plexbmc settings solved it.
Hello all,
Installed PlexBMC both on my windowsXBMC and RaspBMC.
The windows XBMC plex worked immediatly, but for my raspbmc i have same issua as above, i see the movie's etc. but when i choose it, i get unable to connect to host" as well.
If anyone has an idea?Thanks
Give xbian a go. I've switched from raspbmc to xbian (with latest hotfix) no problems so far.
performance on raspbmc wasn't great
Hi Hippojay,
Just getting started with Plex and Xbmc, been a plex only user for a while, but trying xbmc on a client machine.
I come across this error when trying to play a music track from the plex app for Ipad, I get the plexbmc.video.plugin error at the top of the screen. If I play from within XBMC navigating via the remote, files play fine.
Excerpt from debug log is attached. Full debug log available if you need more at:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=31863
On a similar note sometimes I get a message at the top "Unable to contact server:IPAD", but it doesn't seem to effect anything, just a little distracting.
If you need more info, let me know, I will endeavour to get it to you ASAP.
Love the work
Pete
OK,
Managed to fix the music problem by updating to the latest non-repository versions
3.2.2 - Plexbmc
3.1.4 - Plexbmc Helper
Will report furtherissues
Pete
Just wondering if Hippojay is still following this thread ^^ So many replies since his last announcement..
Just FYI, latest version 3.2.2 is needed if you are using Amber skin.
Otherwise recent items shortcuts below main menu will not work properly.
Category Duplication?
I've recently re-installed the latest Plex Pass Server on my Windows 8 machine, now that there's a semi decent skin for XBMC (Amber).
I've noticed that using XBMC with any skin, all my categories are duplicated and XBMC complains that it cannot connect to a server ('MediaServer', the name of one of my old plex server installs). The current install is named 'win8_mediaserver'. All files under one set of categories are accessible, the second set are empty.
Is this a known issue? With Plex? XMBC? PleXBMC?
Why would PexXBMC be remembering an older plex server?
Can't find anything in this looooong thread about this.
Thanks
Peter
Category Duplication?
I've recently re-installed the latest Plex Pass Server on my Windows 8 machine, now that there's a semi decent skin for XBMC (Amber).
I've noticed that using XBMC with any skin, all my categories are duplicated and XBMC complains that it cannot connect to a server ('MediaServer', the name of one of my old plex server installs). The current install is named 'win8_mediaserver'. All files under one set of categories are accessible, the second set are empty.
Is this a known issue? With Plex? XMBC? PleXBMC?
Why would PexXBMC be remembering an older plex server?
Can't find anything in this looooong thread about this.
Thanks
Peter
Although you don't deserve an answer (calling Amber a semi decent skin) I would suggest to take a look at myPlex and remove old server entry that's listed there.
Although you don't deserve an answer (calling Amber a semi decent skin) I would suggest to take a look at myPlex and remove old server entry that's listed there.
Pecinko
That did the trick, many thanks!
And when Amber gets full release, it will be a mega-decent skin!!
Now, if only I coud change 'PVR' to read 'Live TV'.....
Peter
Pecinko
That did the trick, many thanks!
And when Amber gets full release, it will be a mega-decent skin!!
Now, if only I coud change 'PVR' to read 'Live TV'.....
Peter
Ohh no problem.
And of course, when Amber gets full release it will be using Live TV, not PVR :ph34r:
never mind :)
Had a strange problem, never seen this before.
Got two Raspberry Pis, set the first one up, Rasbmc, Plexbmc etc. Imaged that card and copied it to the second Pis card. Set it up with a different name, different IP, etc.
However, it turns out that the first Pi to gain access to the network is the only one that shows up as a host in the Plex App (iOS). When Pi 1 was restarted, Pi 2 showed up and worked, but Pi 1 stopped showing up.
Fixed it by installing a fresh copy of Rasbmc on Pi 2, now both work great. Just really odd.
Thanks for all your work.
is there really only 2 skins for plexbmc frodo?
Welcome back Hippojay! You’ve made quite a bit of progress since I last used plexbmc and I must say I’m really liking the changes.
Ok I have plexbmc 3.1.5 and plexbmc helper 3.1.4. Can someone please give me the correct setting I need to get this addon working for please. I also got the amber and quartz skins installed. I just need all the correct setting to get this working.Can someone please post the correcting I need to get this to work with my windows 7 pc please.Can someone actual post here exactly what I have to do to get this addon to work.And not just tell me to read all those post again. Byh you simple posting step by step the install process and all the correct setting,it will make it so that one is looking and asking all the time how to get this working.
As long as you have evedrything from start t finish this will make like much much easier for everyone how is having trouble find info on how to get this plugin to work.So I am bagging you to please post here step by step everything that is need and all the correct setting to get this working.
I thank you very much for your time and efforts for doing this for me and everyone else.
AMBER Version 0.3.7 was just pushed to Github
- Introduce vertical home menu
- Add more home menu items for PleXBMC
- some minor cosmetic fixes
WIP:
- enable eject for DVD menu item (toiva)
- enable Quit menu customisations
- recently added per menu item for vertical home menu
Version 0.3.9 on Github https://github.com/pecinko/skin.amber/ar...master.zip
- Add auto populating favourites for vertical menu
- Make shelf also work for plexbmc
- Vertical menu completed
Have fun, have a nice summer and see you in september.
There might be a problem with plexbmc shelf not appearing if script does not fetch items from PMS in time. Sorry about that, remedy coming soon.