Pecinko, for 3.9 Plexbmc I did install. is vertical sections supposed to be working? Also, strict skins doesn’t seem to save setting. If you set it go out and go back in reverts to off.
Not sure about forcing views, but vertical layout should be working OK if you choose it in skin settings. Shelf might not appear - you might need to do manual refresh (press left when on settings) until I fix it.
Shelf will show aggregated items like on ios client. This is something that needs to be improved in plexbmc script. I know there are python coders around - anyone willing to take a look while hippojay is absent? I would appreciate it.
Does anyone know if the latest plexbmc script works with the latest myplex PMS that supports multi user?
Does anyone know if the latest plexbmc script works with the latest myplex PMS that supports multi user?
My guess is that it is not yet supported since last update of plexbmc was before that feature was added to PMS.
That’s an issue if hippojay isn’t going to be around for a while, soon it will become a feature that is not only for myplex users. Since it won’t be an optional feature, in others words you will have to have it even if unused, means Plexbmc may come to an end 
That's an issue if hippojay isn't going to be around for a while, soon it will become a feature that is not only for myplex users. Since it won't be an optional feature, in others words you will have to have it even if unused, means Plexbmc may come to an end :-(
I haven't heard from HJ for a while but that does not mean he won't be back any moment.
You can log in to myPlex from plexbmc so it should be OK I guess, so you just won't be able to use multiuser feature which "is and will stay PlexPass only" to quote Elan.
I updated to the PlexPass members online version of PMS (that supports multi-user) and found that in order for it to work you need to be signed out of myPlex. If one signs in then you get mixed results with screen refreshes and often files will not play, secondly the watched status if you manage to get a video to play doesn't work...just remains as unwatched (so no resume etc.).
Just thought I'd let everyone know you can upgrade, just ensure you are not signed in to myPlex....if you need myPlex then stay on the version before the latest (multi-user version).
Hey all, I'm new to this community. Where does HJ like issues to be posted; here, xbmc forums, or github issues?
I posted an issue about netflix w/ log and settings here: https://github.com/hippojay/plugin.video.plexbmc/issues/17
Let me know if you need any other log info (higher debug level maybe).
Thanks!
Thanks for pointing this out, I don't think I would have figured it out on my own. I tried installing the first multi-user release of the server and I had the issue whereby most filters wouldn't work or would time out. I've now installed the latest server release, removed the myPlex info from Plexbmc and everything is working again. Hopefully hipppojay will be back in a little while to add basic multiuser support to a great plugin.
I updated to the PlexPass members online version of PMS (that supports multi-user) and found that in order for it to work you need to be signed out of myPlex. If one signs in then you get mixed results with screen refreshes and often files will not play, secondly the watched status if you manage to get a video to play doesn't work...just remains as unwatched (so no resume etc.).
Just thought I'd let everyone know you can upgrade, just ensure you are not signed in to myPlex....if you need myPlex then stay on the version before the latest (multi-user version).
You’re welcome jdbrookes…as you say though I hope hippojay returns soon…I’m sure he’s dead busy IRL with family/work
Either way we need public PMS with those features or we need to donate HJ plexpass subscription.
Does Plex still sell life time subscriptions?
They did last time I checked - around 75 usd.
I'm happy to chip in 50% of that if others want to join in, and Hippojay gets back to us and give us details to join him up...I've offered to donate a number of times but he doesn't seem to want donations for his work so I am not sure how to donate $'s so that he can get a Plex Life Time Subscription....
Not to put words in his mouth but I imagine he's worried that if he accepts any donations for his work there will be an expectation of ongoing support and future development! Which of course is a valid concern as I'm still fairly fuming with the cost of the WP7 app that I paid 5 euro for last year and now hasn't been updated in over a year! That has nothing to with HJ of course, but it's an example of where payment = expectation.
I'm happy to chip in 50% of that if others want to join in, and Hippojay gets back to us and give us details to join him up...I've offered to donate a number of times but he doesn't seem to want donations for his work so I am not sure how to donate $'s so that he can get a Plex Life Time Subscription....
True, but I’d be happy to pay a donation for the code written thus far, that way if Hippojay needed to step aside, and there was a regular donation fund, someone else would defiantly take up the challenge. Also Hippojay would feel inclined to help with a hand over of the code…just a thought…
The code is on github
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Sure, but having a hand over on the code is simple/simpler compared to downloading the code and working it out from scratch...really two different things...
OK I just download the plex app for my google tv. I will install later. This is the same old thing I keep asking.OK here is is: Can some please post exactly what I need to get PLexbmc working.
I have plexbmc 3.2.2 and plexmbc helper 3.1.4 or 3.1.5 installed in my xbmc.I also have amber skin and quartez skin. Question 1)What skin(s) does plexbmc work best with in xbmc? If someone got a windows 7 pc with plexbmc 3.2.2 configured and working,can you please post me the those setting or the setting that will get plexbmc working. Question 2) Show me the order to install this if it matters?
Question 3)How to I configure plexbmc helper so that it works or how to config it so that plexbmc works
All I've been doing is guessing at the setting, with no luck. I really really would like to get this working or be able to at least check it out.
Huuh. Have you read first post in this thread?
1) Hippojay's modified Quartz skin and Amber (from my signature)
2) XBMC, Amber, download zipped plexbmc from GitHub, add ons install from zip, point to plexbmc archive
2.1) Amber, settings, plexbmc settings from submenu
2.2) Configure plexbmc automatic discovery OR manually configuring PMS ip adress
2.3) Plexbmc/Playback - configure primary PMS server
2.4) Amber - settings - go plex from submenu
3) Don't know :(