PleXBMC client for XBMC

That's clearly a bug and no intention!

Take a look at the original Quartz for XBMC. There never were those edges. They only appear in PleXBMC version of Quartz and it started some months ago.

Pecinko won't fix it because it's maintenanced by Hippojay. He hasn't been around for quite some time, so don't expect a fix anytime soon...

So i kinda fixed it...i dont know really whats going on but i figured out that DefaultGradient.png and DefaultGradientH.png in media/img are making this problems. So i just deleted them and voilà they are gone in the Listviews.

It's not the "real" Solution for this Bug, but it's working for me. 

hello, i am a first time raspberry pi user. i have a plex media server installed on my drobo 5n and several plex clients on other devices. i wanted to know how i can get raspbmc to play content from my plex media server on drobo. 

i tried using rasplex but the interface is not fluid.

hello, i am a first time raspberry pi user. i have a plex media server installed on my drobo 5n and several plex clients on other devices. i wanted to know how i can get raspbmc to play content from my plex media server on drobo. 

i tried using rasplex but the interface is not fluid.

Install Raspbmc and then use the Plexbmc Addon (Tutorial is in the first Post of this Thread). Works really great!

@Topic

Two other things i noticed: In the Mainmenu the Shelf for TV Shows is showing the Season Thumbs and not the Episodethumbs for the recently Added Episodes. Is this becaus of a limitation of Plexbmc or because of the Quartz Skin?

And is there any way to use the Trailer "Feature" from XBMC? In the Mediainfo the option for Trailers is greyed out.

HJ once said both things are limitation of PMS.

Install Raspbmc and then use the Plexbmc Addon (Tutorial is in the first Post of this Thread). Works really great!

@Topic

Two other things i noticed: In the Mainmenu the Shelf for TV Shows is showing the Season Thumbs and not the Episodethumbs for the recently Added Episodes. Is this becaus of a limitation of Plexbmc or because of the Quartz Skin?

And is there any way to use the Trailer "Feature" from XBMC? In the Mediainfo the option for Trailers is greyed out.

HJ once said both things are limitation of PMS.

IMHO season thumbs on shelf look much nicer than those (in some cases) ugly episode thumbs.  :)

Only thing that bothers me is the way the artwork gets cropped (poster --> square).

Only thing that bothers me is the way the artwork gets cropped (poster --> square).

Yeah that's exactly whats bothering me...if i find some time this weekend maybe i look into it to change the layout to "Poster Covers" like in the Movieshelf.

The season thumbs look nicer, but it's not very useful when highlighting it it not telling you the episode name/number.

I made some fixes in a fork of plexbmc of mine (https://github.com/zeflash/plugin.video.plexbmc) that were annoying me. I see someone else (wezhunter) also forked and is actively working on supporting new timeline & token authentication. Feel free to try.

nice work on fixing shelf items for tv shows, I +1 pecinkos request to look at improving the shelf fnctionality to allow both recently added and on deck items at the same time.

Hey is it possible to add a 3D Mediaflag for Movies? I tried to add 


90
45
stretch
badges/video/3d.png
substring(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,3D)

to DialogVideoInfo.xml but i didnt do anything. Is something like this even possible with Plexbmc?

EDIT: okay it's kinda working...it shows the Logo but only if the Movietitle has a "3D" in it not the Filename?! *confused*

Hello,



I just tried using airplay for playing a YouTube video on my tv via plexbmc. It only streams audio. I do not get any video. I tried the same with other video applications but the result is the same. Only audio streams. I do not get any video. I am using plexbmc on raspberry pi model B and using ipad 3 for sending content via airplay.



Any suggestions?





Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Hello,

I just tried using airplay for playing a YouTube video on my tv via plexbmc. It only streams audio. I do not get any video. I tried the same with other video applications but the result is the same. Only audio streams. I do not get any video. I am using plexbmc on raspberry pi model B and using ipad 3 for sending content via airplay.

Any suggestions?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free


Using youtube plugin in XBMC does not work for you?

Hey is it possible to add a 3D Mediaflag for Movies? I tried to add

90
45
stretch
badges/video/3d.png
substring(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,3D)

to DialogVideoInfo.xml but i didnt do anything. Is something like this even possible with Plexbmc?

EDIT: okay it's kinda working...it shows the Logo but only if the Movietitle has a "3D" in it not the Filename?! *confused*


Movietitle = movie folder?

Let me ask once more - is there anybody willing to improve shelf (fan out) items in Plexbmc?

I would like it to look/behave as in Mediastream: two rows, recent and on deck items, per library section (not mixed as they are now) and both rows available at the same time.

I’ll arrange skin support in Amber.

Movietitle = movie folder?

No...let me give you an example: The logo shows with Under the Sea 3D, but not with let's say Avatar. The Filename of Avatar is Avatar (2009).3D.mkv. but the 3D is not in the Movietitle.

No...let me give you an example: The logo shows with Under the Sea 3D, but not with let's say Avatar. The Filename of Avatar is Avatar (2009).3D.mkv. but the 3D is not in the Movietitle.

OK. Does it work when you add "3D" to folder name?

Let me ask once more - is there anybody willing to improve shelf (fan out) items in Plexbmc?

I would like it to look/behave as in Mediastream: two rows, recent and on deck items, per library section (not mixed as they are now) and both rows available at the same time.

I'll arrange skin support in Amber.

I'm not a python coder, but as a PHP developer I can pretty much work out what is happening in a python script, I've had a quick look at the code from zeflash's fork, from what I can tell currently the same property is set Plexbmc.LatestMovie. for example whether it is recently added or ondeck items, is this correct?

I think the easiest way to do it would be to add an option for the shelf items (currently recently added / on deck) of both, then duplicate the shelf function and instead of Plexbmc.LatestMovie. use something like Plexbmc.SecondrowMovie, which would always pull in the latest items (the shelf function checks if the setting is 0 if it is it pulls in recently added, if not it pulls in on deck, which if we add another option of both, will mean the shelf function will always pull in the on deck items, so our new function would have to be for the recent items).

If you can give me a copy of the skin which supported it I could test the theory and see if it works, plus if I get stuck I'll just bug Martijn (Team XBMC member, author of the Artwork Downloader plugin, and a fanart.tv admin) on gchat ;)

I'm not a python coder, but as a PHP developer I can pretty much work out what is happening in a python script, I've had a quick look at the code from zeflash's fork, from what I can tell currently the same property is set Plexbmc.LatestMovie. for example whether it is recently added or ondeck items, is this correct?

I think the easiest way to do it would be to add an option for the shelf items (currently recently added / on deck) of both, then duplicate the shelf function and instead of Plexbmc.LatestMovie. use something like Plexbmc.SecondrowMovie, which would always pull in the latest items (the shelf function checks if the setting is 0 if it is it pulls in recently added, if not it pulls in on deck, which if we add another option of both, will mean the shelf function will always pull in the on deck items, so our new function would have to be for the recent items).

If you can give me a copy of the skin which supported it I could test the theory and see if it works, plus if I get stuck I'll just bug Martijn (Team XBMC member, author of the Artwork Downloader plugin, and a fanart.tv admin) on gchat ;)

Well, I've done some pascal programming but that was 26 years ago :)

There are few thing at play - I can do "copy paste" of shelf items code so that OnDeck items are fetched as well as Plexbmc.OnDeck.Movie. Problem is that there's a code that follows that subroutine that clears properties and I don't quite get how it works and what should I alter so that it clears both Recent and OnDeck items. 

Another problem is that that would fetch aggregated lists and I would like to have Recent and OnDeck as per menu item (library sections) - separate Documentaries, Movies, Home videos, etc and not all "movie type" aggregated as a single shelf. In order to do that we would probably need to add section ID to main menu item and shelf items. I can then use Compare function in the skin to make sure Recent/OnDeck items for Documentaries show up only when Documentaries section is selected in main menu.

Finally, it should be nice to do it nicely - as another option in plexbmc settings so that users of Quartz skin can continue to have what they are using right now as there is only 1 shelf row there.

I'm not sure Martijn would be willing to help and even if he would, above alterations are plexbmc and PMS oriented. In another words it is about parsing PMS info and setting up home window variables - not very XBMC oriented as window variables (properties) we can choose.

A few questions:

1. I know I've asked this before Peckino, however how do I get rid of the 'Shared....' link? (See attached image)

2. On another note, I can see people are talking about Recently Added and On Deck Items...is this something that you may be able to do like on the PlexHT version?

3. Would it be possible to have background images that change based on the show/movie one is selecting from "Recently Added" etc. (again like in your PlexHT version)?

Edit: Crap...2/3 is what you guys are discussing now...sorry...still love an answer on 1...

Thanks....

No, Martijn would have no interest in doing the work, but if I did it and got stuck he would help me.

OnDeck wouldnt work as adding an extra item (both) to settings.xml would still trigger on deck items in the shelf() function, so the new funtion would return recently added items, so then you would do

elif str(sys.argv[1]) == "shelf":
    shelf()
    shelfRow2()
 
The first one would bring in the on deck stuff as the if statement checks if the option is 0 (recently added) else bring in on deck items.
 
What I am suggesting should work nicely as the user would go to the plexbmmc settings / look and feel / and shelf items would have On Deck / Recently Added / Both, and the shelfRow2 function would only populate if the settings was set to "2"
 
I could probably get the sub routine working as well.
 
Up to you, if noone else wants to work on it, I could give it a go, as it's something I want.

A few questions:

1. I know I've asked this before Peckino, however how do I get rid of the 'Shared....' link? (See attached image)

Thanks....

See settings/Plexbmc