PleXBMC client for XBMC

No, Martijn would have no interest in doing the work, but if I did it and got stuck he would help me.

OnDeck wouldnt work as adding an extra item (both) to settings.xml would still trigger on deck items in the shelf() function, so the new funtion would return recently added items, so then you would do

elif str(sys.argv[1]) == "shelf":
    shelf()
    shelfRow2()
 
The first one would bring in the on deck stuff as the if statement checks if the option is 0 (recently added) else bring in on deck items.
 
What I am suggesting should work nicely as the user would go to the plexbmmc settings / look and feel / and shelf items would have On Deck / Recently Added / Both, and the shelfRow2 function would only populate if the settings was set to "2"
 
I could probably get the sub routine working as well.
 
Up to you, if noone else wants to work on it, I could give it a go, as it's something I want.

Yep, we need third option in plexbmc that would allow both, not just Recent OR OnDeck.

We can probably start with having both Recently added and OnDeck and do per section separations in later step? Please, use the same properties as for recently added just change plexbmc.latest.foo with plexbmc.ondeck.foo . 

Take a look at here it might save you some work : https://github.com/hippojay/plugin.video.plexbmc/commits/widgets  - last 3 commits 

BTW, how do we gather zeflash and your future code in 1 place?

I can call it plexbmc.ondeck.foo but it might be a bit confusing as it will only ever store recently added items, not on deck items, on deck items would be in the original settings.

Basically setting:

Recently Added: 

WINDOW.setProperty("Plexbmc.LatestMovie.%s.Path" % movieCount, m_url) <-- would have the recently added item path

---------------------------------

On Deck: 

WINDOW.setProperty("Plexbmc.LatestMovie.%s.Path" % movieCount, m_url) <-- would have the on deck item path

---------------------------------

Both:

WINDOW.setProperty("Plexbmc.LatestMovie.%s.Path" % movieCount, m_url) <-- would have the on deck item path

WINDOW.setProperty("Plexbmc.SecondrowMovie.%s.Path" % movieCount, m_url) <-- would have the recently added item path

On Deck items would always be in the original setting name because the shelf code always sets it to ondeck unless the setting is 0, i'd like to keep the code as close to the original as possible so as not to introduce any unneccessary bugs.

May I suggest:

Recently Added: 

WINDOW.setProperty("Plexbmc.LatestMovie.%s.Path" % movieCount, m_url) <-- would have the recently added item path

---------------------------------

On Deck: 

WINDOW.setProperty("Plexbmc.LatestMovie.%s.Path" % movieCount, m_url) <-- would have the on deck item path

---------------------------------

Both:

WINDOW.setProperty("Plexbmc.LatestMovie.%s.Path" % movieCount, m_url) <-- would have the on deck item path

WINDOW.setProperty("Plexbmc.OnDeckMovie.%s.Path" % movieCount, m_url) <-- would have the recently added item path

 

- Plexbmc.OnDeckMovie.

- Plexbmc.OnDeckEpisode.

 

It is helpful to know which items you are managing in the skin and "secondRow" does not help much when you have to revisit the code several months later. It's just more convenient.

Oops, just saw that LatestMovie would have ondeck item path. Can we reverse logic in plexbmc settings so that Latest items are default instead of OnDeck? I know what you are trying to do but it will be messy skin wise.

OK. Does it work when you add "3D" to folder name?

OK. Does it work when you add "3D" to folder name? 

Oops, just saw that LatestMovie would have ondeck item path. Can we reverse logic in plexbmc settings so that Latest items are default instead of OnDeck? I know what you are trying to do but it will be messy skin wise.

To be honest, it should be a fairly easy change to do that, so I'll try it, any chance of a modified version of the skin so I can test?

*edit*

Ok, I think I have it pretty much done, just need some skin support to test it, so the new bits are

Plexbmc.OnDeckMovie

Plexbmc.OnDeckEpisode

Plexbmc.OnDeckAlbum

To be honest, it should be a fairly easy change to do that, so I'll try it, any chance of a modified version of the skin so I can test?

*edit*
Ok, I think I have it pretty much done, just need some skin support to test it, so the new bits are

Plexbmc.OnDeckMovie
Plexbmc.OnDeckEpisode
Plexbmc.OnDeckAlbum


Ok, need some time to make skin changes. Where's your code so I can test? Github?

just local at the moment, but I'm having some weird issues with it, Martijn is having a look for me ;)

Try http://fanart.tv/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/plugin.video_.plexbmc.zip

You should be able to go to plexbmc settings and select both for Shelf Items under Look and Feel.

Try http://fanart.tv/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/plugin.video_.plexbmc.zip

You should be able to go to plexbmc settings and select both for Shelf Items under Look and Feel.

Thanks, will report back.

Try http://fanart.tv/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/plugin.video_.plexbmc.zip

You should be able to go to plexbmc settings and select both for Shelf Items under Look and Feel.

Movie support added - on GitHub. Working nice so far! :) 

Movie support added - on GitHub. Working nice so far! :)

Just added TV OnDeck items as well. Not sure OnDeck albums are supported by PMS?

One problem though:

Window(Home).Property(Plexbmc.LatestEpisode.1.EpisodeSeason)

is nicely set for RecentlyAdded and it will show season number as an overlay on a recently added items.

EDIT:

I would need the same property as above similar property as above,

Window(Home).Property(Plexbmc.OnDeckEpisode.1.EpisodeSeason)

set for OnDeck episode items as:

"parentIndex"."index"

so we can have a nice 2.9 overlay for OnDeck posters, showing us episode 9 from the 2nd season.

Git version of Amber is prepared for it so that you can test out yourself.

https://github.com/pecinko/skin.amber

Not sure if albums are either, but it was already in the plexbmc code so I assumed it must be.

I can add the setting, something like Plexbmc.LatestEpisode.1.EpisodeNumber, I just need to find out what I need to send to media.get to return that information

Not sure if albums are either, but it was already in the plexbmc code so I assumed it must be.

I can add the setting, something like Plexbmc.LatestEpisode.1.EpisodeNumber, I just need to find out what I need to send to media.get to return that information

Basicaly, Plexbmc is parsing info from ip_adress:32400/library/onDeck (this is obviously simplification as script aggregates data from all available sources before)

Just fetch strings in the same subroutine you already modified and use parentIndex and index. Below is a sample item from my library: 

 

Ahhh, got ya.

http://fanart.tv/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/plugin.video_.plexbmc1.zip

use EpisodeNumber and EpisodeSeasonNumber

Thanks Pecinko, I feel stupid...I was automatically going in to a submenu....

Another question, would it be possible to have an additional selection to the pop out left menu within my TV Series section? I would like to have "Unwatched"....

Sorry, another issue too....if I select a program to play (Movies or TV) from OnDeck or the left pop out menus they play without issue, however if I select the Movie/TV main menu to go in to the All, Unwatched, Recently Added etc. submenu selection when I attempt to play a video it wont play...no error...just clicking it doesn't play the video file. Have I missed something I am meant to do?

See attached image showing the section I mean in case my explanation above....

Sorry, 

http://fanart.tv/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/plugin.video_.plexbmc2.zip

I've added it to both LatestEpisode and OnDeckEpisode

BTW, I grabbed KodeStars new PleXBMC and you new Amber update on your GIT and my second issue is fixed...I must say both Recently Added and OnDeck is great to have on the home screen....thanks guys....

I would still love to have unwatched in the TV Series left menu pop out if possible?

Amber updated on GIT, NOTE: latest KodeStar version of plexbmc is needed (http://fanart.tv/wp-...o_.plexbmc2.zip) :