Last week I released the first version of Remote for Tautulli iOS App in the App Store!
Remote for Tautulli connects to your existing Tautulli server installation and gives you easy access to all data.
WHAT IS TAUTULLI?
Tautulli is a monitoring application that you can run alongside your Plex Media Server and tracks what has been streamed, who streamed it, when and where they streamed it, and how it was streamed. For further information please refer to this post. Remote for Tautulli is not affiliated with Plex Inc. or Tautulli itself. This is not an official Tautulli app.
- Universal app for iPhone and iPad
- Easy initial setup using qr code scanner
- List of current streams incl. details like user, player, quality, eta
- List of running conversions incl. details like transcoding speed and remaining time
- Option to terminate streams with optional message
- All details to media e.g. summary, file size, bitrate, audio/video/subtitle tracks, duration, release date, rating, related media and more
- Cross linking between related media, track/album/artist, episode/season/tv show
- Cross linking to the official Plex app (if installed)
- iCloud keychain sync for connection info (if enabled in system)
ADDITIONAL FEATURES OF PRO VERSION
- Push Notification for all events that are supported by Tautulli
- Plex Media Server update monitoring incl. release notes
- Tautulli update monitoring incl. release notes
- Playback history incl. search
- Recently added media
- User list incl. details like playback statistics, recently watched, last known ip address incl. map, and user’s playback history
- Statistics for the last 30 days e.g. most streamed movie/tv show/artist or most active users
- Statistics graphically represented as charts
- List and details of all libraries incl. search with access to all media details without having those streamed
- Manual update of libraries with power swipe
- List of all synchronized media
- Plex Media Server logs
- Tautulli notification logs
- Today widget for easy and fast overview of current streams and updates
- Management of multiple Tautulli servers incl. fast switch
Remote for Tautulli requires an already configured installation of Tautulli v2.1.9 or higher that is connected to your Plex Media Server and reachable from outside your local network.
Please see the Issues Repository.
Tautulli is a free and open source software, why isn’t the app free as well?
Basically of two main reasons. First reason is the costs of the apple developer account I have to pay for. The second reason is push notifications. As I wanted to have as less configuration changes as possible after the initial configuration for the user, I decided to run a lot of code in the cloud. This service is also not free to use. So the one time in app payment helps me to cover costs for the infrastructure that is required to keep the app running. I assume the activity tab is the most interesting part of the app for most users so I opened this part free to use for everyone.