Tautulli - Monitor your Plex Media Server

other-dev

Tautulli

A python based web application for monitoring, analytics and notifications for Plex Media Server.

Features

• Responsive web design viewable on desktop, tablet and mobile web browsers.
  • Themed to complement Plex/Web.
  • Easy configuration setup (no separate web server required).
  • Monitor current Plex Media Server activity.
  • Fully customizable notifications for stream activity and recently added media.
  • Top statistics on home page with configurable duration and measurement metric.
  • Global watching history with search/filtering & dynamic column sorting.
  • Full user list with general information and comparison stats.
  • Individual user information including devices IP addresses.
  • Complete library statistics and media file information.
  • Rich analytics presented using Highcharts graphing.
  • Beautiful content information pages.
  • Full sync list data on all users syncing items from your library.
  • And many more!!

Preview

Tautulli Homepage

Installation and Support

Issues & Feature Requests

Great job so far, just a little curious what’s different with Tautulli than PlexPY? Or is this the latest version that will receive new updates?

Hi Jonny
on version 2.0.6 you introduced the Plex Cloud monitoring. How can I configure it?
There’s no documentation about that

Thanks!

@Evoc said:
Great job so far, just a little curious what’s different with Tautulli than PlexPY? Or is this the latest version that will receive new updates?

I’ m sorry - but did you even try to look this up yourself before asking?

Awesome! Haven been waiting for the official release. Quickly scanned through the Install and FAQ links and didn’t see a way to upgrade from PlexPy directly. I thought I remember you were stating that we would be able to upgrade from within the app to this version, is this still the case?

It’s not released yet.

I am already running 3 x PlexPy for 3 different Plex server’s would the new Tautulli support multiple Plex servers?
That would be a great feature, SHIELD is a low cost Plex server so more people are having more than one Plex server.
Love PlexPy and I am looking forward to try out Tautulli :wink:

@casperse said:
I am already running 3 x PlexPy for 3 different Plex server’s would the new Tautulli support multiple Plex servers?
That would be a great feature, SHIELD is a low cost Plex server so more people are having more than one Plex server.
Love PlexPy and I am looking forward to try out Tautulli :wink:

No.

On the TAUTULLI (beta) front page, is it possible to get more than 5 rows in the statistics? I would like to change this to 15 rows.

I’m currently running PlexPy as a Docker image, but I’m sure I read somewhere recently that it’s possible to change some settings to move to Tautulli?

Is this possible?

@phattrance said:
On the TAUTULLI (beta) front page, is it possible to get more than 5 rows in the statistics? I would like to change this to 15 rows.

Agreed

@sibberio said:
on version 2.0.6 you introduced the Plex Cloud monitoring. How can I configure it?
There’s no documentation about that
Go to https://plex.tv/users/cpms, look under PMS Links and copy your Plex Cloud Instance Link.
Then go to Tautulli/Settings/Plex Media Server and paste the link to the Hostname (remove the https:// part), choose Port 80, check Remote Server and Use SSL.

I have used PlexPy and love it. I saw that Tautulli was finally out so I followed all of the installation instructions and I believe I have it running (the settings page shows all of the correct Tautulli folders and such and the logs are writing there), but…
**The main page (home screen) still shows PlexPy and not Tautulli like the screen shots show. What am I doing wrong?
**I saved the old PlexPy directory, is it possible to get the history from it and have it show for Tautulli so I have my year+ of historical stats?

@WannabeMKII said:
I’m currently running PlexPy as a Docker image, but I’m sure I read somewhere recently that it’s possible to change some settings to move to Tautulli?

Is this possible?

Anyone able to assist with this or point me in the right direction?

@Wiidesire said:
Go to https://plex.tv/users/cpms, look under PMS Links and copy your Plex Cloud Instance Link.
Then go to Tautulli/Settings/Plex Media Server and paste the link to the Hostname (remove the https:// part), choose Port 80, check Remote Server and Use SSL.

Thanks but now there’s a cool drop down menu to select it

@WannabeMKII said:

well I’ve 2 separate docker. One with plexpy and one with Tautulli.
I suggest you to install this container hub.docker.com/r/tautulli/tautulli/ and migrate the data from the old one to the new one

@sibberio said:

@WannabeMKII said:

well I’ve 2 separate docker. One with plexpy and one with Tautulli.
I suggest you to install this container hub.docker.com/r/tautulli/tautulli/ and migrate the data from the old one to the new one

I’ve added a second docker like mentioned, but it still appears branded as PlexPy and the version numbers are the same, 1.4.25?

Is that correct?

Did you set this? -e ADVANCED_GIT_BRANCH used to change the git branch used by the container
The branch is beta

@sibberio said:
Did you set this? -e ADVANCED_GIT_BRANCH used to change the git branch used by the container
The branch is beta

Erm, no I didn’t. How do I do this through docker and Unraid?

I’ve used UnRaid for few days and I can’t help you.
I’ve seen online that you can set Environment Variables. In this case the Variable name is “ADVANCED_GIT_BRANCH” and the value should be “beta”.
I think you have to enable the advanced mode