LG’s caching bugs frequently trigger generic playback errors, preventing Plex’s core functionality–playing videos–from working.
I can’t watch any Plex videos at all on my TV, only Web.
I have htop open on my Ubuntu server. Each time I press Play on Chiikawa, I see a spike of multiple Plex processes. And on my LG C6 TV, a generic playback error.
As a workaround, I can remove the power cord from the electrical outlet, wait 2 minutes for capacitors to discharge, and retry. I have to do this every few days. Not fun.
Given LG’s historically bad caching systems, it would really help if Plex presented more unique stream components each time. Start with names and other identifiers, inserting a random prefix/suffix each time. Alter frame pixels if necessary.
Display cache clearing buttons in the Plex app, starting with client caches.
By contrast, Apple TV, YouTube, and other apps don’t seem to have the same problem.