Require Support With Constant Sticking From Watching TV Programmes

Server Version#: 1.43.4.10903
Player Version#:

I have a Synology NAS 723+ with 2x 16TB drives on a mirrored RAID configuration. Synology Storage Manager says that they are 6.7TB used and 7.3TB available. I have upgraded the RAM in the device, so it now has 16GB of RAM. Have also updated the Ethernet to 10GB/s and have CAT 6a Ethernet Cables connected to a Ubiquiti USW-Pro-XG-8-PoE UniFi 8-Port switch. Also connected to Plex is the HDHomeRun FLEX QUATRO.

I mostly use Plex as my Freeview Recorder storage box and watch back on the Apple TV console and then in work on my lunch breaks I watch recorded content downloaded via the iPad Plex app.

Watching the Downloaded content on my iPad has always constantly keeps freezing and have to use the skip 30 sec function to carry on with the program. I have tried wiping my iPad Pro (latest generation 13") a number of times and have also tried it in “offline mode”, but this sadly does not make any difference, it still constantly keeps freezing with the middle circle going round and round.

But now that the Apple TV app has also recently been updated and now this has also started doing the same thing. I have had the same setup with the previous Apple TV Plex app and has never frozen once. Now it seems to do it on random programs, other programmes, it seems to be OK.

I don’t know if my Synology 723+ NAS is the issue with the transcoding, as both devices are on original version. Or if it could be the HDHomeRun, as I have tried watching the same programme that kept constantly freezing on the Apple TV direct on my Mac Studio from the NAS on VLC and hasn’t had a issue.

I would be extremely grateful if anyone could help me sort out this really annoying and frustrating issue.

com.plexapp.plex 2026-09-21–20-37-57-521.log (396.6 KB)

com.plexapp.plex 2026-09-22–18-20-12-587.log (33.8 KB)

com.plexapp.plex 2026-09-21–17-57-05-022.log (61.3 KB)

com.plexapp.plex 2026-09-21–17-56-09-535.log (1.0 MB)

These are the logs from the new Apple TV Plex app.

Peter

I have just used ChatGPT and has taken through a number of steps trying to convert the audio from one TV programme recorded from the HDHomeRun Quattro box and has compiled this report.

Title: Plex 2026.18.0 freezes during playback of HDHomeRun recordings

Problem description:
Since updating to Plex 2026.18.0 on Apple TV, playback of recordings from my HDHomeRun Quattro repeatedly freezes.

My setup:

  • Plex Media Server on Synology NAS
  • Apple TV running tvOS 26.6
  • Plex Apple TV app 2026.18.0
  • Plex on Mac works correctly (version 1.115.0.426)
  • Recordings are in MPEG-TS (.ts) format, with H.264 video and AAC-LATM stereo audio.

Tests already performed:

  • Original recordings freeze on Apple TV and iPad.
  • Streaming and downloaded playback both experience the issue.
  • Converting the audio to standard AAC and changing the container to MP4 did not resolve it.
  • Plex Dashboard confirms Direct Play for both audio and video.
  • The same recordings play correctly on the Mac.
  • The recordings also played correctly on the previous Apple TV Plex version.
  • Playback freezes at different timestamps, including 04:37 and 11:08.

I have Apple TV player logs available from a previous playback session.

Could this be a regression in the latest tvOS Plex player, particularly when handling HDHomeRun recordings?