Server Version#: 1.19.4.2902
Player Version#: 4.30.2
I’ve been having an issue trying to get a tv show’s episodes to show as separate in my server, it keeps merging the episode plus it’s companion episode together. I’ve searched for this issue and it talks about splitting episodes but I can’t seem to find this option.
RuPauls.Drag.Race.All.Stars.S01.E01.720p
RuPauls.Drag.Race.All.Stars.S01.E01.Untucked.720p
There are 6 episodes in the season plus a companion episode to each each episode (12 files in total). I can get them to play by selecting play version in the player but this is a bit annoying. Is there a way to try and separate them? I’ve tried naming the files differently and having them in different directories but that hasn’t worked.
You can split a tv-show (not episodes), if you have two separate top-level-folders accidentally merged to a single show item in your Plex library. Multiple files of the same episode are treated simply as different versions of that same episode.
As for your particular scenario…
TheTVDb.com is listing those specials / companion episodes as an independent show. Naming should be like this:
TV Shows <- the folder linked to your Plex tv-show library
RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars
Season 01
RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars - s01e01 - It Takes Two.ext
RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars - s01e02.ext
...
RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars - s01e06.ext
RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars Untucked
Season 01
RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars Untucked - s01e01 - It Takes Two.ext
RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars Untucked - s01e02.ext
...
RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars Untucked - s01e06.ext
See
You could add both shows to a RuPaul's Drag Race collection to have them linked in your library.
Sorted all the episodes as you suggested and I still couldn’t get it to detect properly. But then I found the split option, which created two entries on the server. I was then able to go into the Untucked episodes and use Fix Match and it has now corrected itself.
Thanks so much for the help.