Ubuntu w/ Gnome Shell - No menus anywhere

Noticed with 1.0.2 and 1.0.4 that when running the app on Ubuntu with Gnome Shell (17.10 and 18.04) that nothing displays in the status area nor do I get any type of menu when right clicking on the icon in the taskbar, just “Plexamp”, “New Window”, “Favourites” and “Quit”.

This might help? There should be an icon on the top right.

Have just installed Ubuntu 18.10 and plenty of apps do appear in the notification area, just not plexamp. No menu available for plexamp at all. Any ideas?

@Bokehd said:
Have just installed Ubuntu 18.10 and plenty of apps do appear in the notification area, just not plexamp. No menu available for plexamp at all. Any ideas?

https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/1031/topicons/

With topicons-plus I get both Chrome and and a tiny wee plexamp icon, but the plexamp icon has no menu attached with it (Chrome does show a menu with entries like task manager, etc).

Strange. I’ve got an install of 18.04, with Gnome Shell 3.28.1, using Topicons plus, and it’s absolutely fine.

I came back to it today and now, while I still have my silly small icon, I now have a menu. Not sure what changed to allow that.

As for the icon I’m going to chalk that up to scaling in Ubuntu still not being great.

Cheers