Unable to access plex on clients

Hello All:

I did a search but was unable to find anything addressing my question.

My Plex server is running correctly on my Windows 10 server, latest updates applied:
Version 1.24.4.5081 Check for updates) Up to date

When I attempt to access the server on my client devices (Andriod, Fire, Roku, etc) it shows “Offline”, however I can access the server from the desktop.

I have cleared cache, data and even reinstalled the app on Android.

It has been working flawlessly for several years. Did the latest update break the online function? Is there a setting on the server I am missing?

Thanks for any information of solutions you might offer.

Stuart

Are all those devices in the same network / same subnet?
If you have a network component that creates its own subnet, your server and clients might no longer see each other – this can happen if you e.g. add some WLAN access points or change the configuration of such a component.

Hi Tom:

Yes, my entire network is on the same subnet. I uninstalled and reinstalled the server software and it asked about allowing insecure connections. I read up on it here and it resolved my issues except one. I can access my Plex server from all my devices except when I open it on my Kindle Fire 8", it asks me to buy a Plex Pass Membership. Yes, I am logged into my account and can see the server but it only plays 60 seconds and asks again to buy a Plex Pass. Why would I have to buy a Plex Pass to view content on my own server? Is it recommended? I have been a free customer for many years.

PS - I really don’t plan to watch Plex on a Kindle but I am just curious at this point.

Thanks!

Stuart

The mobile clients aren’t free (e.g. Plex for iOS, Android mobile, FireOS). That being said you don’t need a Plex Pass membership – if you don’t need the extra features (or don’t want to support Plex) you can buy a one-time activation as an in-app purchase. This is usually around 5$ and will be linked to your Plex account / the respective app store account (so you can e.g. use it on multiple FireOS devices linked to your Amazon account).

Usually the one-time activation is listed below the option to buy a Plex Pass membership.