Unable to find WLAN

rasplex

Dear all,

i tried 1.7.1 today and struggled over some issues. RasPlex is not able to find my WLAN. I have tested it with several other devices and the WLAN is working (also on the PI with another OS). Is it related to the WLAN security?

@daeks said:
Dear all,

i tried 1.7.1 today and struggled over some issues. RasPlex is not able to find my WLAN. I have tested it with several other devices and the WLAN is working (also on the PI with another OS). Is it related to the WLAN security?

I am using WLAN with my rPI3 and 1.7.1. Are you not able to see your network, or not able to connect to your network? What kind of security do you have the WLAN that makes you think it would be incompatible?

I can not see it. I see some other networks but not mine. I have enabled WPA2 AES, but some systems may only allow TKIP.

It works fine with WPA2 AES. Are you sure you are displaying your SSID on the WLAN?

Yes, every other client can see it. I have also installed another OS on the raspberry to be sure that the issue is not hardware related, but it works fine. Only if I install rasplex the wlan can not be found.

Is it 5ghz only?

nope its 2,4 ghz

I cannot replicate this issue at all. Can you turn on debug, reboot, and try again? I'm not sure what we'll find, but I'd like to check the log. That's just weird unless it's something like there are so many networks yours is scrolled off the bottom and you can't see it.

@benjaminwolf I was able to refetch a RPI and figured it out. It seems to be that rasplex cant find high wifi channels. I am using 13 and it will not be displayed. After lowering the channel it could be found. Is it possible to add channel 13 as well?