Video freezes but audio keeps playing

server-nvidia-shield

2 other people have seen the same issue but posted on the old Apple TV post. This just started happening with the last plex pass update. https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/249450/video-freezes-but-audio-still-plays/p2

Are y’all aware of it?

Same problem here. Started after last update, on both shields we have here. Everything worked perfectly prior to the patch.

Sever is a Synology NAS (DS3617XS). Network is wired.

Problem does not exist with the app on our Samsung TV or web app.

I am having the same issue. So far I am only seeing this on my shield and presently testing on my Roku3. Has anyone been able to validate if this is a “server” update or a app update?

I tired it out on my Roku3 and I did not encounter the same issues as I was having on my shield,

Still having this issue as of last night

I as well have this issue on a MIBOX 3 and NVIDIA shield. I was running on Ubuntu server 16.04 with ZFS media pool. I thought perhaps my setup was flawed or a disk perhaps so did a fresh install and used the official plex docker image and the same issue is present.

This appears to be an issue on many clients. I also have this issue on Android Mobile and TV (Shield).

I’m getting ready to dump PLEX for Emby as there doesn’t seem to be any urgency to get this fixed. I have had nothing but problems with PLEX especially running it from the Shield.

This was fixed with an update to the plex client on the shield.