When adding media the library did not automatically detect the file

Server Version#: 1.43.3.10828
Player Version#: 1.43.3.10828

After restoring a Plex Media Server data directory, one library stopped automatically detecting filesystem changes. Manual scans continued to work normally, and other libraries on the same volume continued to receive filesystem events.

To isolate the issue, I created a new test library on the same volume. Automatic change detection worked correctly for the new library. I then added a second library location to the affected library, and automatic change detection also worked correctly for that new location. Only the original library location failed to generate automatic updates.

Removing and immediately re-adding the original library location caused Plex to rescan the library. After the rescan completed, automatic filesystem change detection was restored.

Throughout this process, watch history, metadata, posters, collections, and other library data were preserved. No metadata was lost when the library location was removed and re-added.

I can’t say whether this points to a stale filesystem watch or some other internal state, but the above procedure consistently resolved the issue without requiring the library to be recreated.

Id start with: https://github.com/ChuckPa/PlexDBRepair as it sounds like a damaged database. Without the server logs I cannot confirm that suspicion.

I did look at that but it did not help. Is DBRepair supposed to be able to re-establish the FSEvents for a given library folder?

DBRepair doesn’t do anything for the OS, However if the database is damaged update processing may not work. Otherwise you are relying on the filesystem to notify the app. Is this a network drive?

No, it’s attached storage.

I ran ‘automatic’ using DBRepair and it did not rectify the situation for other library locations. Renaming the directory and adding that location fixes it quickly.