Xbox One - Plex no longer playing any media

xbox-one

Hi all,

Not sure if there was an update to the Xbox One Plex app recently? but as of this morning, every show or movie I try to play I get a black screen and then eventually a message from my tv saying the resolution is not supported. I am not even able to change the video settings as there is no gui or overlay, just a black screen.

Anyone else experiencing this at all?

Thanks

I would guess this is related to the Display Mode Switching that was added. Some logs would be helpful to get to the devs: Xbox One Logs as well as the Xml Media Info

Also: moved to appropriate forum section.

There is apparently a way to turn off the display mode switching in Settings -> Video of the app. If you could get us the logs requested above before doing this however, it would be incredibly helpful. :slight_smile:

For me display mode switching results in just a black screen (followed by a lost signal) if the xbox is set to output anything but 24bit colors (as in 30 or 36bit). (LG 2017 OLED)

@adamskoog said:
There is apparently a way to turn off the display mode switching in Settings -> Video of the app. If you could get us the logs requested above before doing this however, it would be incredibly helpful. :slight_smile:

This was exactly the problem… I did not even know that the Xbox one app had built-in settings. Thank you!

I was also experiencing this problem and turning off Display Mode Switching fixed it. Thank you!

If someone could turn this on and get some Xbox One logs it would help with fixing the root cause of this issue.

I’m having the same issue, I’m going to try to port log here a little later.

I’ve got the logs, where do I post them?

I figured it out, see attached log file.

@mzaccone said:
I figured it out, see attached log file.

Your log wasn’t attached. I’m guessing it’s due to post count. I think you need like 5-10 posts before you can attach something. You should then be able to just drag and drop the whole zip file to the post.

In the interim, you can PM the logs to me and I will get them to the devs.