Directly connect a TV show via url?

Sometimes, plex has trouble matching certain shows, for example there is a new show out right now called Steins;Gate 0, a sequel to another show. This show has a separate TVDB entry though. The server matches it to the first season no matter how much I try, and I had to switch to the movie database which doesn't have all the metadata.

Is it possible to integrate selecting your match based on the URL or the Show ID in order to allow for a more direct method of tagging shows? Or is this already a thing and I'm just an idiot.

you can copy the ID from TheTVDB and enter it instead of the show name when doing a manual fix-match.
make sure you have TheTVDB set as the agent when using a TheTVDB show id.

your show's ID is 339268.

oh that's awesome i wasn't aware of that. thank you so much.

This is exactly the same problem I have, I'm glad there is a solution! How do you do a manual fix-match?

@tobin00 said:
This is exactly the same problem I have, I'm glad there is a solution! How do you do a manual fix-match?
https://support.plex.tv/articles/201018497-fix-match-match/

The episodes still get matched to the wrong show, because there's no way to manually fix match on individual episodes. So instead of having episode 1, 2 and 3 of Steins;Gate 0, it now says I have duplicate versions of Steins;Gate episode 1, 2 and 3. The files are named correctly.

@aydex said:
The episodes still get matched to the wrong show, because there's no way to manually fix match on individual episodes. So instead of having episode 1, 2 and 3 of Steins;Gate 0, it now says I have duplicate versions of Steins;Gate episode 1, 2 and 3. The files are named correctly.

There's no need to fix-match individual episodes if you named them correctly (no offense).
That means you've named the files in a way that Plex believes they're the same ones during scanning. This is happening before Plex even looks for metadata.
In your case, files are supposed to be named like this:

TheTVDB says:
TV Shows <- your tv show folder that is added to the TV Show library
.. Steins;Gate 0 (2018)
.. .. Season 01 <- 2-digit season folder
.. .. .. Steins;Gate 0 (2018) - s01e01.ext
.. .. .. Steins;Gate 0 (2018) - s01e02.ext
.. .. .. Steins;Gate 0 (2018) - s01e03.ext

You could include the title of the show as an optional suffix. This is however neither necessary nor will it show up in Plex or be used by Plex in any way -- hence I've just ignored them.

I have both Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate 0, Steins;Gate 0 currently shows up as an alternate version of Steins;Gate. How do I get it to not do this? The individual episode names are all correct.

do you have the release / first air year included in your folder/file names?

TV Shows
.. Steins;Gate (2011) <- as per TheTVDB.com
.. .. Season 01
.. .. .. Steins;Gate (2011) - s01e01.ext
.. .. .. ...
.. Steins;Gate 0 (2018) <- as per TheTVDB.com and the example above
.. .. Season 01
.. .. .. ...

this should fix any confusion.
re-scan the library after fixing the names. worst case you'll need to do a plex dance (remove the Steins;Gate 0 (2018) folder from your library folder, scan the library for updates, clear coaches, empty trash, move the folder back where it belongs, re-scan the library).

@tom80H said:
do you have the release / first air year included in your folder/file names?

TV Shows
.. Steins;Gate (2011) <- as per TheTVDB.com
.. .. Season 01
.. .. .. Steins;Gate (2011) - s01e01.ext
.. .. .. ...
.. Steins;Gate 0 (2018) <- as per TheTVDB.com and the example above
.. .. Season 01
.. .. .. ...

this should fix any confusion.
re-scan the library after fixing the names. worst case you'll need to do a plex dance (remove the Steins;Gate 0 (2018) folder from your library folder, scan the library for updates, clear coaches, empty trash, move the folder back where it belongs, re-scan the library).

I found this thread specifically because of the "Steins;Gate 0" problem. This solution did the trick. Thanks!

I'm doing this, and there is no episode naming for the second season:

Steins;Gate
  ..Season 01
  .. ..Steins Gate - s01e01.mp4
  .. ..
  .. ..
  ..Season 02
  .. ..Steins Gate - s02e01.mp4
  .. ..
  .. ..
  ..Specials
  .. ..Steins Gate - s00e01.mp4

What's wrong.
forgot to mention that i'm using Absolute Series Scanner and HamaTV agent.

@mrblood002 said:
I'm doing this, and there is no episode naming for the second season:

Steins;Gate
  ..Season 01
  .. ..Steins Gate - s01e01.mp4
  .. ..
  .. ..
  ..Season 02
  .. ..Steins Gate - s02e01.mp4
  .. ..
  .. ..
  ..Specials
  .. ..Steins Gate - s00e01.mp4

What's wrong.
forgot to mention that i'm using Absolute Series Scanner and HamaTV agent.

the episode needs to match the series name
Steins;Gate does not equal Steins Gate.

Also... read the above -- adding the year might help as well.
series folder: Steins;Gate (2011)
episodes: Steins;Gate (2011) - sXXeYY.mp4

Not to mention that Local Media Assets in the top slot while you're trying to use that MP4 file will probably result in much pain and suffering:

FileBot (link in my signature) can handle that for you automatically or manually in seconds.

What FileBot can't do is remove possible embedded metadata in the Title Field of MP4/M4V files. Plex will read this info and prefer it over a perfect file name/structure, but you can combat that situation by moving Local Media Assets to the bottom of every agent list you can find. All tabs in TV Shows and Movies here:
https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200241558-Agents
Just drag LMA to the bottom of the list and drop it. If you do have embedded metadata this will cure the issue, if you don't it won't matter. LMA will do what it has to from the bottom.

Also - unless the series remains totally unmatched (as in, never found or identified), Refresh Metadata will do exactly NOTHING. Only The Plex Dance® can re-write a bogus bundle so it contains non-bogus info:

The Plex Dance®:

1) remove show/movie from library
2) rescan library files
3) empty trash
4) clean bundles
https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200392106-Library-Actions <--- scan library files, empty trash, clean bundles
5) bring names and structures into compliance/Move LMA/etc
6) replace corrected show/movie into library
7) rescan library files

All Steps. In Order. No Shortcuts.

Still No Joy?

Log Files:
https://support.plex.tv/articles/200250417-plex-media-server-log-files/
Drag zip file to message window and drop it.