Editions not working as advertised

I have named my files as per the guidance and Plex is still not recognizing it and labeling it as such. Here is how my files are named as an example:

The Passion of the Christ (2024) {edition-Extended Cut}.mkv

The Passion of the Christ (2024) {edition-Theatrical Cut}.mkv

Why is it not automatically labeling them without me having to do it manually? I’m running the latest version of the Plex Server on Synology DSM 7. Please advise, thanks

If the movie has been in your library before (i.e. without an assigned edition), you may need to Plex Dance it.
Do also think of storing the different editions in separate folders. And do NOT collect them in a common main folder with the general movie title.
Put the editions folder beside each other, just like all the other movies in your library.

So your saying each edition should live in its own folder and NOT within one main one? If so, are the folders supposed to be named just like the mkv file?

Yes.
Pretty much, yes.

I’m only using Plex to watch my movies & TV shows remotely. In our dedicated home theater I’m using the R_Volution PlayerOne 8K and have kept all my files neatly under one main folder for each movie and its “version/edition”. I will try it with one movie before jumping in and changing a ton of stuff around. Thanks