Email change catch 22

Hi. I am between a rock and hard place.

I signed up to Plex years ago using my Microsoft account. I have had a number of Microsoft gadgets and services like Xbox and Skype etc that I no longer use. I rarely use the email too. When provisioning a new computer I tried to sign into Plex and it asked for my verification code. This was configured in Microsoft Authenticator but Microsoft authenticator wanted me to sign in and get this… sent the verification code to Microsoft authenticator. I am partially locked out of Microsoft items for some weird reason. The email on my phone still works but I dont know for how long. I managed to get Plex to email the verification code to me and I entered it. When I tried to change email address or remove 2FA it asked for verification code which I will need to get from the authenticator which wants to send a code to itself for me to log in.

Is there another way i can do this before I am completely locked out of my Microsoft account and even more importatly before I am locked out of my Plex account.

Do you by chance still have a copy of the Plex recovery codes created when you enabled 2-factor authentication?

https://support.plex.tv/articles/two-factor-authentication/

I will have to check. The new installation is of Plex Media Server. Some drives failed and the old PC with the server died so it is possible the only backup left could be in OneDrive - which is behind the Microsoft account that is currently toying with me. I will return with a yay or nay

321 for the win. It took a while to find it, but there was an old external hard drive that had the Plex Recovery codes.

I have disabled 2FA for now and will set it up again with a new authenticator app… Now to change my email address.