Ok, after getting help and reading other topics I finally figured this out myself and I can't say it was the easiest solution. So I'm posting this to possibly help others who are struggling.
Per all the smarter people than I that found the information: You can only have one plex account hooked to one GamerTag. (Thank you adamskoog!)
So if you have more than one xbox or more than one user on the xbox you have, you will always get prompted for a PIN if you keep associating the PIN with the PlexPass account.
To correct this do the following:
- Go to your Plex web app as the Plex user logged in (Assuming you are the Plex Pass user)
- Go to Settings > Users > My Home
- Now click 'add user'
- Click 'add existing plex user' 1
- After they have accepted the invite have them click 'launch' on the plex.tv website. 2
- It should prompt for a pin, have them create one
- Now have the non-plex pass user sign into their Xbox GamerTag and launch the Plex app
- It should prompt for a PIN 3
- Have them make sure they are still logged in as themselves at Plex.tv and then go to http://plex.tv/pin
- They should enter their PIN displayed on the Xbox screen in the website
- Your Xbox should then load the shared library, if not see below.
1 To get this to work you must click this option over 'create a managed user', each user/GamerTag must have their own Plex account. But it can be a free account, doesn't have to be a paid plex pass account.
2 This step may not be nessessary, but it worked for me so I'm adding it. Plus it's an added feature that you/they may want? Also, the Xbox app doesn't prompt for the pin.
3 If it does not prompt for a PIN then sign into your GamerTag as the Plex Pass user and re-associate your GamerTag with your Plex Pass account via the PIN on screen when you're signed into your Plex account at http://plex.tv/pin
If you receive a message on your Xbox about a server not being found do the following:
- Click the 'Go home' option on your xbox
- It will start trying to detect the Plex Server, but it is trying to detect their Plex Server. Which unless they have one seperate from you, it will never find and keep saying 'server not found'.
- So, while it is detecting click right, over to the box with the down arrow and select the shared server.
- It should load the server that is shared right away
Hopefully this helps others and I didn't confuse you further. ^_^
** If they are using an Xbox 360 and not getting a prompt for a PIN have them press 'x' in the Plex app and sign out.