Lost ability for remote access

Server Version#1.43.4.10903:
Player Version#4.160.0:
We moved about two months ago. I replaced my router at that time. I use Plexamp to stream music from my NAS to my phone to play while I’m driving. For the first 5 or 6 weeks everything worked fine. Then about 10 days ago I suddenly couldn’t access anything from outside my network.

Periodically my server would show “Not available outside your network” while other times it would show “Fully accessible outside your network”. Sometimes I could play one or two songs before it failed. I’ve tried everything I can think of:

  • assigned a fixed IP address to the pc running my plex server
  • set up port forwarding from 32400 to 32400 (might not be correct?)
  • installed the latest version of the server
  • checked for double NAT (not a problem)
  • I’m not on CGNAT

Now if I select “manually select public port” as 32400 it shows “Fully accessible outside your network”. If I de-select that it switches back to “Not available outside your network”. In neither case can I play music outside the network. In fact now I can’t even play music on my iphone when it’s connected to my LAN via wifi.

I’m attaching the debug logs and hopefully someone can figure out what the hell is going on.

Thanks for any and all help.

Myron

Plex Media Server Logs_2026-09-13_10-14-02.zip (4.7 MB)

This is your issue 100%. I myself noticed intermittent disconnects to my server from remote device not on LAN. You need to downgrade to 1.43.3.10896-cb3ebc72d

Surprised more people are not reporting this!

Because there’s no common/general issue.
Not sure what how the current release causes an issue for you.

Kind of like how I was the first one to report Watch Together stopped working.

Until it was….

Kind of like that, maybe? Just a guess!

Needless to say - something is borked in the latest one causing server disconnects. I have not had 1 single issue for years until the same version as OP.

Do you rely on IPv6 for remote connectivity? If not, try setting Plex to “IPv4 only” in its Network settings.
While you’re there, do also tick the “Strict TLS configuration” checkbox.
Save the Changes, then stop Plex server.
Now enter the Plex data folder, then Cache subfolder and look for a file named cert-v2.p12.
Remove it.
Then start Plex server and leave it sitting for a few minutes.