Managed Users on Plexamp has been broken since v4.50

It’s honestly surprising how user functionality has straight up been forgotten, I was expecting someone to have reported this by now but no one has.

Currently on the latest stable (4.50.19) and beta (4.50.20 beta7) on Android and Windows. I don’t know about the other platforms but on those switching to another user just isn’t possible anymore. If you try to switch to another user Plexamp will log you out of the app and if you try to log back in it will always default to the admin profile, which has always been a thing but if you try repeating the same process of switching users, it’s always going to lead to being logged out both on mobile and desktop.

If you try to fight back the app before it logs out you can get back into that user profile but Plexamp thinks these users are not having Plex pass which is really ironic cause managed users only work if you have Plex pass.

You can see from my logs that I tried switching between users, but at some point the opposite happened were the user profiles were working as intended but when i switched back to my own admin profile. I got locked out and it said that I didn’t have plex pass and then logged me out. There are also times the sign in browser option failed to sign me in twice in a row and worked the 3rd time.

Plexamp Logs.zip (178.7 KB)

Hopefully this gets resolved. I was wanting to show my parents the new app and how well it works with Caldera for Multi room but I have given them access to specific libraries and certain albums in libraries they do have access to cause they have their specific preference in music and they don’t like the other libraries so I can’t really let them use Plexamp until this gets resolved. Not mention they have their own playlists made on their profile.

On another note, this goes for Caldera TV as well. I think I had requested this before but I don’t remember if I got a response for it or not but ADD USERS TO CALDERA! My parents really don’t like having to use their phone to play music on their TV so Caldera is perfect for them but they can’t do that if user functionality doesn’t exist. I didn’t want to ask this twice cause I assumed this would just get added in a future update when Caldera gets more stable but seeing how the last update had been nearly 2 weeks ago and the last update for Caldera TV was a whole month ago. I think it’s safe to say Caldera is very much stable by now.

But considering that Plexamp v4.50 is still new, I rather see user functionality get fixed first cause what’s the point of Caldera if they can’t even access their music to begin with.

User switching in Plexamp is working just fine.
Of course you need to ensure that the user you are switching to has access permission to a music library. Otherwise Plexamp doesn’t have anything to play at all.

The users have access to 4 libraries. Even if i were to switch to the library they have access to from account and then switch to the user. The switching isn’t smooth. Sometime it will work correctly but then it breaks again when you go back to your admin profile. Obviously as admin I have access to everything so why would it break for my profile?

Even if a user doesn’t have access to a library, shouldn’t Plexamp be smart enough revert back to the last profile that was active in this case my admin profile. This would be alot better than just logging out completely. I really shouldn’t have to select a library a user has access to before switching and it should just default to any library the user has access to and if there is access given, just go back to the admin profile and maybe give a warning saying profile has no access to libraries. Cause currently users really just doesn’t work how it should. The logs should prove that

Forgotten?

If it hasn’t been reported, it’s because barely anyone uses the feature :sweat_smile:

Your logs explain it: each switch attempt fired the switch request several times a fraction of a second apart, the overlapping switches tripped over each other, and the loser signed you out. Next beta shows a spinner on the row and ignores further taps while a switch is in progress; until then, tap once and give it a couple of seconds.

After updating to Android 4.50.20 (beta 10) the user switching is a lot better now. Even when your source library is a library that the user your switching doesn’t have access, it knows how to switch to a library that it does have access to.

Appreciate the fix!