Plex is not reachable

server-windows

Plex updated to the latest version this evening now I’m getting “Plex is not reachable” on the host machine when double clicking the taskbar icon or on the plex website. This is not everytime but most of the time. Tried alternate browsers and the same thing happens randomly. No change to my home network, rebooted routers etc.
Anyone any idea whats going on. I suspect its a security issue as browsers are saying the site isn’t secure.

how to UNSUBSCRIBE TO EMAILS?

On Friday, December 8, 2017 5:08 PM, xxxdannyxxx <forums+d298833-s6025034@plex.tv> wrote:

Plex Forums https://forums.plex.tv/
xxxdannyxxx started a new discussion: Plex is not reachable

Plex updated to the latest version this evening now I'm getting "Plex is not reachable" on the host machine when double clicking the taskbar icon or on the plex website. This is not everytime but most of the time. Tried alternate browsers and the same thing happens randomly. No change to my home network, rebooted routers etc.

Anyone any idea whats going on. I suspect its a security issue as browsers are saying the site isn't secure.

Yeah I'm getting the same problem, never seen this error before.
Sometimes it will show my server but the icon in the top right shows as I'm not logged in and when I click to sign in it shows the "plex is not reachable" message.
As I type this the icon has changed to my account icon as if I am now logged in.
There is no other limitations of my internet and no other settings have changed.

Thank god its not just me then, I just reinstalled windows and I still have the issue. Strangely I can still access the server from other devices even if the host says its not available. I also tried previous plex versions and it happening with them to. Its clearly an issue on Plex end

Same here.

Same here really annoying, but its not limited to the server, clients like my Xbox and the kids fire sticks are also having trouble due to the server.

Update, downgraded to the public release and seems to be working fine, the plx Pass release seems to have a bug :(

Out of interest what version. I tried a few previous versions and it came back again after a while

Got the same issue, version 1.10.1.4561-9de2951fc on Ubuntu 16.04.3.

Hi got the same issue, trying to downgrade

same issue

Interesting seems to be a similar problem with https://www.plex.tv/
When I got to the website it suggests I am logged in with "My account" and "Launch" appearing in the top right.
When I go to "My account" and "Support" it takes me to https://support-temp.plex.tv/ but changes the top right to "sign in" and "sign up". When i click "sign in" it briefly shows "You are already signed in, please wait while we redirect you" before landing me back at the same screen with "sign in" and "sign up" back in the top right.
So is it a browser issue or a problem on plex's side.

I initially blamed chrome (my default browser) as this updated last night and they are in the process of making major changes like doing away with flash player. However I get the same with Edge and Firefox.

+1 :/ :|

Regards

Works with version : plex-media-server_1-10-0_en_431331

Ok I stand corrected, I downgraded to the last public release 1.10.0.4523 and it fixed it for about 2 hours but it has come back again, there is a clear problem on Plex's end and they are sitting silent :(

same problem here ...connecting locally to the server ...plex is not reachable ...

Same here. It seems it's the last upgrade, because it has never happened to me before.

My last upgrade has rendered my settings page unavailable and crashing.

@R3KWell said:
My last upgrade has rendered my settings page unavailable and crashing.

I went ahead and reinstalled 1.10 (non-Plex Pass) and it works again. Is this a bug?