I used Tiny Media Manager to rename all episodes of Sailor Moon that Aired by DiC Entertainment but if I add them to my plex server the episodes don’t get named but only by Episode 1, Episode 2, etc,
Are you sure it matched correctly? I added this to my testing library and I get episode named with both TMDB or TVDB ordering
it would name them to the ViZ version
I’m not sure what that means. I’m not big into the anime stuff. What do you expect S01E01 to be named?
here is the list of episodes, Sailor Moon (TV Series 1992-1997) - Sailor Moon - (YTV (Canada)) — The Movie Database (TMDB) but Episode 2 is Talk Radio but if I let plex name them it would name Episode 2 as ViZ Media Episode as the one that was removed episode
Ok, I see what you mean. My Sailor Moon has that episode you don’t want. I tried to use a match hint with the series id on the page you posted but it is still matching to the wrong one. I’m not sure how to fix that.
Oh, just thought of something… You said you used TinyMediaManager to name the files. Did you also create .nfo files? Plex now has support for reading .nfo files. I haven’t played with it but it seems like you could solve your naming problem that way.
You probably need to read through this to see what you have to set up to get the nfo stuff working.
https://forums.plex.tv/t/plex-nfo-agent-forum-preview/936104
can’t get it to work? and if I change the agent it will mess up my other tv shows info
I don’t think it works like that. If you don’t have nfo’s for your other shows, it should fall back to the normal plex tv agent..
Can you post a zip of your nfo files. I’ve never played around with the nfo agent. I’ll see if I can get something work in my testing library
I tried to just edit the show by trying to change the agent for the show but it didn’t work?
What is your PMS version?
ok, I think that’s the latest, so you should be able to do it. I think I need to update my version to do more testing.
Read this thread. It talks about how to set up a custom agent to use both the NFO agent and Plex Series agent
Click the pencil on the show’s main page, and select Advanced, and change the episode ordering to The TVDB (American Dub), and then refresh metadata on the show.
It will pull the episode labels from that order on TVDB that match your file naming. Note that the episodes don’t have descriptions: https://thetvdb.com/series/sailor-moon/seasons/alternate/1
Ah cool, that worked for my testing library. I always get surprised by these new or offbeat episode orderings.
I don’t have that option
That likely means the show is not matched. Looking at your screenshot you have Sailor Moon (1992) and then another folder named Sailor Moon (1992) and then a Season 1 folder where the episodes are. You should only have one top level folder for the show and the season folders in there. Your tv library should be pointing at the folder that has your show folders.
Fix the structure and then Plex Dance the files. You could use the fix match option, but it’s better to clean up the structure and let plex match it properly.
Sailor Moon (1992) \ Season 1 that is how I have it



