Ever since Plex launched their Plex TV /Movie my local server is continuously unavailable. I am guessing they want their ad revenues. Never had this problem before. Now I have to exit and come back in 6-8 time for plex to see my local server. Often I just give up. But low and behold, their TV and Movie options are always available, imagine that. I guess their Crackle revenue is more important than their life Plex Pass revenue. Half a heart beat away from switching to Emby for good.
I have dedicated Plex Server, but apparently that is not enough to over come the Plex TV priority. I have no other explanation, since this only started after their TV/Movie channel launch. I check my settings and Plex is available outside of my network (nor that that matters)
What started as a good thing has turned into the almighty buck, like all things.
Can’t see why this would be an issue for the PMS not to work with regards to ad exposure. But, assuming that the issue not being able to connect directly to local PMS then allow for notification and disable remote content. One of the main reason for accessing a local PMS is that it allows one to continue viewing local media when internet connectivity is down or off the grid.
Doubt that there must be a lot more users opting in accessing local PMS due lack of internet and actually also one of the main reason for me to switch PMS and getting ride of Google tech.