PMS Does Not Recognize Local Media After Update

Server Version#: ReadyNAS 3138
Player Version#: Local access web app

After updating to the most recent version of Plex Media Server (1.43.4.xxxxx), the Plex Media Server no longer shows any local media. The media is still on the drive, PMS just doesn’t see it. When I go to the tab for My Library, I am presented an option to download PMS, but it is already downloaded and installed on the NAS. This is all when accessing the server locally via IP address, so it should not be a remote access or firewall issue. What could be going on and how do I get back to my libraries?

It sounds like your server got unclaimed during your update. If you’re hitting it via direct IP, it’s running, just not connected to your account/server, so it won’t show the server.

I’m not familiar with the Netgear platform, but looks like you can run the UserCredentialReset utility on it, which will do the claim step for you: https://github.com/ChuckPa/UserCredentialReset

Maybe someone that has experience with it can help with enabling ssh access to get you started.

Actually, I’m going to take back my statement that it is accessible. My NAS shows that the PMS 1.43.4.10903-e5521bd8c is installed and running. Then when I then launch Plex from within the NAS, or when I access it by local IP, it takes me to Plex Web rather than the server interface.

Plex web via the direct ip is the server interface. Since you’re pulling up plex web, via the direct ip, its the local bundled web app running on your ReadyNAS. What’s not happening is that server instance on your ReadyNAS isn’t connecting to your plex server data stored on your NAS. You need to “Claim” it by connecting the data to your account. That’s what the script does.

Oh, got it. Problem fixed. Thank you!