Remote Access Not Working

I’m having this same issue. It started after the most recent update yesterday. I’ve included my logs. My client network is set to the same as @homersheineken IPv4 and IPv6.

Others are having this issue as well:

https://forums.plex.tv/t/plex-remote-access-issue-not-connecting/942337

Plex Media Server Logs_2026-09-03_21-41-55.zip (3.9 MB)

I moved you post to a new thread. Your problem is different than the other thread.

The NAS is having trouble accessing the Internet. It cannot find the gateway.

Note: This is written for DSM 7. DSM 6 should be similar (I don’t have a DSM 6 system).

Verify IP Configuration

  • Verify the IP address, network mask, and default gateway are correct.
  • Synology Control Panel → Network → Network Interface tab → Edit the interface to verify/change settings.
  • The gateway is usually the address of your router.

Synchronize to a public NTP server

  • Synology Control Panel → Regional Options → Time tab.
  • Pick a NTP server from the list and click Update Now.
  • It should display Status = Normal

Plex Media Server

  • Stop Plex Media Server and wait 30 seconds for the server to settle.
  • Start Plex Media Server.
  • Wait 3 minutes for the server to fully start and log the startup sequence.
  • Login to Plex Media Server and go to Settings → Remote Access
  • Verify it is configured correctly.
  • Enable remote access.

If remote access still is not working:
  1. Take a screenshot of the Remote Access page.
    Include the top two sections, from Available/Not Available to the IP addresses and port numbers.
    Block out the public IP address.
    Do not block out any private address or port numbers.

  2. Pull a fresh set of server log files.

  3. Post the log files and the screenshot.

Appreciate the detailed response!

I don’t think the NAS having trouble accessing the internet is the issue. I’m not on the local network (in a completely different state) and in order to do all of the trouble shooting needed to remotely log in to the NAS, which I was able to do so without any issue. Additionally, Plex does eventually connect to the Server, but only does so Indirectly, which produces very degraded quality. And given that this issue started immediately following after the media server update, I think it’s likely that had something to do with it.

That said, I did go through all of the trouble shooting steps, but Plex is still having connection issues. First it will say it can’t connect to the server, then the connection is made indirectly.

All requested screenshots and logs have been uploaded with this message. If anything else is needed, please let me know. Would love to get this resolved so I can use Plex again. Thanks in advance!

Screenshots & Server Logs.zip (5.7 MB)

Any chance you can switch to a manual Port Forward?

Either another service on your Synology is grabbing the UPNP port or traffic isn’t getting through to it.

Hi, I was finally able to make time to look at this and try manual Port Forwarding, but the issue seems to have fixed itself. Quite strange it took so long to fix itself, though very welcomed! Big thanks to everyone who responded!