Still NOT FIXED

xbox-one

How is this possible that the endless buffering issue on xbox one player is still not resolved? I bought an apple tv last week with 0 issues, while i prefer to take that $250+ and invest in plex pass and continue to use it on my xbox but its been Month's with this issue.

Are the Plex employee's unaware or just don't care?

I don't expect a response from anybody this is just frustrating how they haven't fixed this problem.

I have a growing library of 4k HDR movies that are unwatchable via the xbox. I think they work fine on my built in roku, but i’d rather use the xbox. It is frustrating.

See comment from @Moussa here.

It is a platform issue that they are working with Microsoft to resolve.

The constant buffering on Plex on Xbox has gone on for over half a year. It’s getting old. My movies are essentially unwatchable.

Same. Finally looking for an alternative for the Xbox. Plex has become a joke in our house

ya it’s not like it’s a small issue, it’s unusable. Just take it off the Xbox market place until it’s fixed. Anyone looking for an alternative AppleTV work flawless

@adamskoog said:
See comment from @Moussa here.

It is a platform issue that they are working with Microsoft to resolve.

Wasn’t a platform issue before this crap version they shoved at us seemingly untested months ago.

@ThunderVamp9 said:
Wasn’t a platform issue before this crap version they shoved at us seemingly untested months ago.

That might be because Microsoft has completely changed the Platform. Microsoft wants all apps moved forward to UWP, iirc it wasn’t going to be possible to continue updating the previous version. I don’t have anymore information than what moussa has said in the forums, hopefully working together they will be able to get things squared away.

Adamskoog whatever the issue is , plex team needs to realize that a having a 45min tv show stop on you up to 7 times is unusable. There is no work around or temporary fix for this. It’s been so long there giving themselves a bad name. Take it off the Xbox market place or focus all your effort in fixing this.

Taking it off the store seems silly since then the people using it that it does work for would be able to use it either. Personally I have not run into this issue, nor have my friends that access my server via the Xbox. I know how much it sucks though when you are having an issue that keeps you from using it, hopefully it’s something that can get fixed soon.

So Adam your having no issue? Are you running server on W10? The media your playing are they .mkv? How often are you or your friends using it ? Do you have original Xbox, Xbox s or Xbox X? I have tried 4 different Xbox and all have the same issue never tried Xbox S though.

1. Windows 10 - Yes, I also have a pretty beefy server though @ about 11k on passmark.
  2. MKV - Yes, 90% + of my library is mkv, but mkv is only a container. It’s the codecs inside that matter. All my video is h264.
  3. There is a combination - 2 Xbox One X (one being mine), Xbox One S, Xbox One

I’m not saying it’s not an issue with the app, @Moussa has said himself they are working on a fix with Microsoft. I’m just saying, it’s not as widespread as you seem to think so taking it off the store is an odd request since that would mean that people it is working fine for would be out of luck as well.

This may help some. When my xbox is configured for Instant-One I have buffering issue. When my xbox is configured for energy-saving I don’t have the buffering issue.
Plex is not the only app affected by this problem. I had this problem as well for Forza when trying to access a multiplayer session.

@withinpipo I have passed that info onto the devs. Which Xbox do you have? I don’t see this with Instant On mode turned on with my Xbox One X.

@adamskoog I have Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition