Server Version#:4.162.1
Player Version#:
I added my discography of Donna Summer last night. No issues.
Today, all of her disc have been changed to be by Various Artists with other Various Artists albums in there. This happened to me before and I had to clear my cache and it was kind of a mess when all my Waylon Jennings suddenly became Various Artists.
Why is it doing this and how to I fix it without have to reload all of my TBs of music into the server?
I always properly tag before scanning my drives. I have Donna Summer as the Album Artist in the tags for every one of her albums. It’s just very strange.
Please read slow and carefully.
It is not only dependent on meta tags. The folder structure is an important part of the issue (and solution).
So, my folder structure is:
Music > Album Artist > Album > Tracks
My tags are all good. It’s just a little frustrating because it’s the second time it happened. I did the Plex dance to resolve it the first time, I was just hoping to avoid doing that again.
All albums which are stored inside one particular “Album Artist” folder must have identical content in their Album Artist meta tags.
This is the crucial bit. Failing to obey this rule can cause artists getting renamed in the Plex database.