Which ID3 tags are mapped to which PLEX values when using "local media assets" for mp4

scanner-agent-dev

My files are all named according to my scheme. I'm not renaming them using filebot. All I need to know is, for example: In PLEX there is a metadata field "studio", which corresponding tag from ID3 map to it? And then, of course, I'd like to get a complete mapping of all fields and tags. This way I can rewrite the ID3 tags and not rename my already meticulously curated file system.

Little off topic. I like to use a nfo creator like Mediaelch or tinyMediaManager. This will generate a nfo file in the directory of your movie file.

Combined with the XBMCnfoMoviesImporter agent this give me excellent metadata and full control over it. You might want to give it a try in a test library.

Those two apps didn't help much. I tried tinyMediaManager but couldn't find a way for it to read my filenames and then produce NFO files. But I wrote a custom script (AutoIt) to produce a .nfo (XML) file, parsed from my filenames. Then using XBMCnfoMoviesImporter agent I got my data into PLEX. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

Does anyone have, for reference, the complete mapping of all fields and tags that @brolloks asked about?

My goal is to create my own metadata, either by editing it into .mp4 videos directly or creating .nfo files, but both ideas require a more thorough understanding of tag mapping in Plex.

You can get a real idea from this post. I’m not saying every tag is accounted for but damn near it.

Also you may want to take a look at this post when using commas or semicolons

Those were both really helpful, thank you very much!