If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex naming schemes for FileBot

rednoah42rednoah42 Posts: 80Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited September 2016 in Tips, Tricks & How-Tos

FileBot 4.7 includes a new binding {plex} which will give you the Plex Naming Standard path for all media types:

{plex}

FileBot Media Renamer => http://www.filebot.net/
FileBot {plex} binding => https://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4116

EDIT: use built-in {plex} binding instead of long format expressions

Tagged:

Comments

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 25,803Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

I see the following complaint from FB: BindingException: "lang": undefined
    Do I need a newer version or a special build?

Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging
  • rednoah42rednoah42 Posts: 80Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 2015

{lang} is only defined for subtitle files. So if you're testing with video files that warning is to be expected and can be ignored. The {'.'+lang} part gives subtitle files the additional language suffix (e.g. .eng) but won't affect naming of video files due to {lang} being undefined for these cases.

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 25,803Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Thanks for the explanation!

Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging
  • Ansem93Ansem93 Posts: 43Members ✭✭

Hi, I never used Filebot before,
    What's the Plex tag?
    It automatically replace all the other things?

Pretty much. It'll give you the relative plex path for Movie/Episode/Music objects. Just play with the Format Editor for a few minutes and then it'll all make sense.

• Ansem93Ansem93 Posts: 43Members ✭✭

thanks :) Still filebot is a standalone program, not a plugin for plex right?

• adamskoogadamskoog Posts: 2,379Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@Ansem93 said:
    thanks :) Still filebot is a standalone program, not a plugin for plex right?

Correct

• gitchowndgitchownd Posts: 102Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

unfortunately {plex} doesn't seem to deal with colons in show/episode names.

FileBot 4.7.1 and higher will force Windows-compatible file/folder names when using {plex}.

Awesome, thanks.

edited August 2016

Just thought I'd point out an interesting bug(?) I noticed. I was trying to match Star Trek: The Next Generation. I'd drag my files in and press match. Because there're lots of series with a similar name, the box would pop up where it'd ask me to identify the correct series on TVDB. I'd select The Next Generation, and continue. And then FileBot loads the names for the Original Series. Tested multiple times again and again, and restarted and tested again. Every time I tell it to match to the Next Generation, it pulls the episode names for the Original Series. Same results for one season at a time. Manually finding the episodes in the next tab has no issues.

Curiously, Deep Space Nine did not have this issue.

edited August 2016

Logs? Filenames?

What's happening is that FileBot is considering multiple options to begin with, some of which it may ask about , some of which don't need asking about. That's just my guess. Without the filenames I can't tell you what's going on.

Where would I find the logs? I was able to reproduce the issue by creating a file named "Star.Trek.TNG.S01E04.Code of Honor.avi" and running it through FileBot. It asks specifically how it should match that file, I select next gen, and it matches to tos instead. I'm guessing it's because it was named "star.trek.tng" instead of "star.trek.the.next.generation" or such. It just threw me off because it specifically asked how to match it and then ignored that entirely.

That explains things. FileBot will search by "Star Trek" (makes sense, no questions) and "Star Trek TNG" (makes no sense, because it hasn't been added as alias yet, so it'll ask) and decides that "Star Trek" makes the most sense.

I'll add "Star Trek: TNG" to my alias list.

In the meanwhile you can always skip auto-detection by SHIFT-CLICKING the datasource.

Ah ok. I get it now. While you're at it VOY = Voyager, ENT = Enterprise, DS9 = Deep Space Nine, TOS = The Original Series (just Star Trek). ;) Tested Shift+click as well and that works perfectly. Thanks for the tips!

• hitechcasiohitechcasio Posts: 4Members ✭✭

Hey, I'm getting this error when trying to use this:

[CLOSED] 0.0 / 597.8 MB Rate: 0.0 / 0.0 KB Uploaded: 0.0 MB [T R: 0.00]
    Inactive:
    The Whitest Kids U' Know
    [OPEN] 0.0 / 7805.5 MB Rate: 0.0 / 0.0 KB Uploaded: 0.0 MB [T R: 0.00]
    Inactive:
    Airplane! (1980) [1080p] x264 - Jalucian [OPEN] 0.0 / 1518.1 MB Rate: 0.0 / 0.0 KB Uploaded: 1714.4 MB [T R: 0.00] Inactive: Download registered a
    ( 2:48:22) A5561850D0049562E49AAB18B2FA8BB85AEF11E4->file_list: Failed to prepare file list: Could not create directory '/root/Downloads/WarGames 1983 1080p BDRip H264 AAC - KiNGD
    OM': No such file or directorywnload: Could not create directory '/root/Downloads/WarGames 1983 1080p BDRip H264 AAC - KiNGDOM': No such file or directory

On Debian 8. I can't seem to figure out what's causing this problem, any ideas?

FileBot is not a download tool. This log has absolutely nothing to do with FileBot.

My mistake, it's a problem with an RTorrent script that I can't seem to fix

Hiya, I switched to the Deluge client and am facing a different problem (I'm really sorry I would post on the FB forums but the captcha's bugged out so I'm not able to register)

Error: Illegal usage: input folder must not contain output folder: /home/ru/Media

deluge exection: /home/ru/deluge-postprocess.sh

deluge-postprocess.sh: http://pastebin.com/ibVPW94g

edited September 2016

@hitechcasio said:
    I would post on the FB forums but the captcha's bugged out so I'm not able to register

How so? Have you tried entering the version number of the latest release?